cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some records are missing in subreport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have developed a report on bex query. the report contains one subreport.I ran the report on production and when i drill down from main report to subreport(click on customer),the subreport needs to display the material group wise data to the particular selected customer.here i am facing the issue some records are missing in sureport.

I exported the production report to  local copy and i have changed the subreport fields to some other group footer and deleted the highest group in subreport and then i ran the report.now i got the whole data. after that i did the same changes in quality report and moved to production. after successfully moved the report to production(administrator did the promotion job). i ran the report in production and again i faced the same problem"some records are missing in subreport".

I don't know why the report is behaving like that and what is reason. Is there any issue in promotion task or issue in report? any one knows the solution please help me ASAP.

Thanks,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Is your production and quality databases are identical ?

How this sub report is linked to main report ?  In quality and production are you using same user credentials ?  ( to eliminate access issues)

Are you suppressing any records conditionally in sub report ?

-Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

production and quality databases are identical. I kept the subreport within the main report only.i am not suppressing any records in main report. and i exported the same report to local(my desktop) and i deleted any group and ran the report, it's working fine locally after the same group again also.

Thanks,

ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana Reddy,

You said when you deleted the main group for sub report it is working fine, what is the main group you are using for sub report? i mean which field you are using for that?

Do you provide any links between main report and sub report? or do you pass any values from main report to sub report?

can you please explain more about of your main report and sub report functionality and relationship between your main report and sub report. So that we can understand what you are trying.

--Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

My main report has customer name,product,location and width as groups and we are displaying data in customer group footer. My subreport has customer name,product,location,width,sales order,deliver and delivery line item and handling unit as groups.

at starting we displayed data in subreport in delivery and delivery line item group footer.we saved the production report into local deski and deleted the handling unit group and displayed data in sales order group footer and again added the handling unit group,we got the whole data when we ran the report locally. so we did the same changes in quality report and promoted to production. again we faced the same prob.again i saved the production report locally and did the same it worked fine.here my doubt  is issue with promotion or issue with report or any crystel limitation.

Thanks,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RamanaReddy,

where did you place the sub report in main report? did you provide any links between main report and sub report?

you said that if you delete "handling Unit" group from the r sub report, then the report working fine. can you save the same report saved in quality and test the data?

if that report working fine, then the issue is with handling Unit. Crystal has no such issues with promotion and records processing. Crystal can process any number of records until it  reaches 2 GB in windows process.

Please test the report without handling Unit and let me know the status.

--Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

I have placed sub report in customer group footer of main report and we are passing customer as filter value to subreport.

we don't have sufficient data in quality.first we deleted the handling unit group and then refreshed the report after again i added the handling unit group.it workes fine.yesterday i deleted another not handling unit and refreshed the report i got whole data.

Thanks,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

which group you deleted yesterday? did you saved the report in production and get whole data after delete that group?

--Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

I deleted Delivery and delivery line item.i did't save the report in production becz i don't have rights to save. Just i am running the report locally. what i am thinking is issue may be with backend sql is not generated properly after promotion.

Thanks,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

When you run the report locally means you are running the report in crystal designer right?

In crystal Designer which database the report using? is it production database of SQL or development database of SQL?

if it is running production database of SQL it will try to bring the same data in BI production also.

Ramana what is SQL it is using in the Crystal designer, the same SQL query it will use even after promote your report. SO i don't think issue is with promotion. I am thinking the issue is with grouping.

Because grouping with inflated the data.

--Naga.