cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAL - Connect to an instance of SAP ERP Foundation Extension powered by SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created and activated an instance in CAL today, the ERP on HANA trial.

Once this instance is activated ("green button"), the "connect" option appears but I'm not able to connect to it using http or SAP Gui.

I have no firewall, the error is:

This webpage is not available

Could you help me?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob, Pierre,

we've updated the ERP Foundation Extension so that it now also works with VPC accounts.

Please check if your solution is on update 23 (you can see that when clicking on the name of the solution in the SOLUTIONS tab.

23 (Sep 27 2014, 08:31:27 GMT-07:00)

If you don't have Update 23, please deactivate and activate the solution. By that you will receive the new update.

Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Works like a charm now, thanks a lot Hannes!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Hannes!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am new to SAP and trying to get my hands on a trial system so I have created an instance of the trial SAP ERP offered on the hana market ( SAP ERP powered by SAP HANA | Cross Industry | Aerospace & Defense | Industries | SAP HANA ...). The instance is up and running however I cannot RDP to the IP address provided. I have tried connecting to the system ("connect" button) but i am not sure what credential i need to use for HTTP option. I tried using my SAP login credentials but it did not work. Would really appreciate your help here. thanks

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedram,

the trial system that you are using does not have an RDP option, you would need the SAPGUI or the browser. Please have a look at the user guide, that you find when looking at the solutions details. It explains how to connect.

Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Hannes, However i am unable to download the SAP GUI(i am assuming due to some permission issues). Is there anyway i can download it without loging in with my S-user? You can email me directly i and i will provide you with my credentials to investigate the issue please. Really appreciate your time

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedram,

the "SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.4 on SAP MaxDB - Trial Edition", which you find also in CAL, has the SAPGUI as downloadable file. Just take a look at the "Getting Started Guide" of this Trial solution in Chapter 4.1.1 to get information how to download.

Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I have another question. Can this system be used as a back end in order to import Fiori apps to RDE? My problem is that i am using a trial version of the rde and would like to focus on extending them. In all the tutorials and documentations, They simply go to RDE and download all the fiori application because they have a back end configured. How can i get these apps if i do not have a back end?

FYI I am tlaking about the configuration undder Hana Cloud platform: Hana cloud platform > Access control> internal Host

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedram,

this is a forum for SAP Cloud Appliance Library topics. If you have questions about HANA Cloud Platform, please post those in the respective space:

Regards,

Hannes

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I rebuilt a new instance (for the fourth time) and connected to it using ssh, the /etc/hosts file is empty, the system cannot resolve the db host name, the ERP localhost or globalhost.

This can't work "out of the box"

XiaohuaWang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi Pierre,

There could be multiple reasons for not being able to connect to the instance:

1. After click create instance, you need to wait for 45 minutes. Also the green botton comes,in the backend it is still working to complete the creation.

2. Once you have IP address, please try to connect to SAP GUI by manually add the server, instance number, etc into SAP GUI. See if it works. In addition, try to connect to BI launchpad via http:<IP address>:8080/BOE/BI.

3. Some user reported connection problem, we found out that certain AWS account may have problem with VPC layout used for this solution. check out the support AWS account:

• Click on EC2 Dashboard in left side navigation of the AWS Management Console • In upper right section of screen under Account Attributes section the Supported Platforms are listed http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ec2-supported-platforms.html

regards, Xiaohua

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre-Stéphane,

I have a hunch what the problem is, but I need you to verify that for me. Can you please do these steps and let me know what you see there:

• Logon to your AWS management web console
  • Click on EC2 Dashboard in the left side navigation of the AWS Management Console
  • In the upper right section of screen under Account Attributes section the Supported Platforms are listed
  • What are your supported AWS Platforms?

Thanks and Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having the same issue as Pierre, my AWS console lists "VPC" as a supported platform.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

if it is VPC, then you run into a bug that we recently uncovered. It is related to a change of the default provision mechanism on AWS. We hope that have a fix ready by early next week.

Until then, please terminate all instances that don't work to save costs.

Regards,

Hannes

stanimir_eisner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre-Stephane,

You could do a quick connectivity check. First telnet port 22(SSH) and then port 3200 (SAP GUI).

If the connection to port 22 fails then you would have a general connectivity issue to that IP address.

If it succeeds but the telnet to port 3200 fails then most probably the ERP system did not start properly.

Best regards,

Stanimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm able to connect to each hosts (ERP/HANA & SBOP BIP) on port 22.

So it seems it's an applicative issue.

I already suspended, activated and rebooted the instance..

stanimir_eisner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check whether you have come on this known issue: Fix for License issue with ERP Foundation Extension Trial available

Best regards,

Stanimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanimir,

I have the exact same problem. After creating an instance (with the fixed version 22), I cannot connect to the instance via the provided SAP GUI / web links. The instance responds on port 22, however.

Please advise.

Thanks!

-- Jacob

former_member196674
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pierre-Stephane,

are you using proxy behind? Did you use your virtual private cloud network or you are using public network for your instance?

Thanks,

Aleksandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The instance is created with access from Public Network and Static IP Address,

there is no proxy.