cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifications on ISA , J2EE 6.40 platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed the ISA R/3 on a J2EE 6.40 platform. And now I want to modify the application. But how??

1.Can I use SAP Developer studio?

2.Do I have to use the ISA Build Tool?

3.When I read the Development Guide I can't find the folders and libaries they refer too. (there is no folder called additional-lib, can' find inqmyxml.jar.....)

Please Help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that helps me a lot.

Can you tell me more on the procedure for this? (I'am a newbie)

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The procedure is not recommended by SAP.

Open NWDS and J2EE perspective. Create a web module project and an enterprise application project.

Extract b2b.ear (or another one) into temp directory. Two xml files in META-INF dir application.xml and application-j2ee-engine.xml required for your enterprise app. project. You must modify your xml files from this files. But app names must be your app names.

Later extract b2b.war to another directory. Open NWDS web module project tree. Right click on webcontent and choose import file. Import all directories except WEB-INF. Later rght click on WEB-INF and import only web-inf directory.

In web.xml and web-j2ee-engine.xml files app name must your app name.

Add web moduºe project your ent. app. project and build ent. app project. and deploy run.

Best regards,

Altug Bayram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for explaining to me.

I have done as you said, but I still can't display the "Preview" of the JSP. (It displays the code). Does this mean that I have done something wrong? I need to edit the looks on some of the original JSP's.

Best regards,

Morten G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont used preview of jsp files. Design does not exist.

Best regards,

Altug Bayram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read this thread with great interest because I have the same problem: How can I develop <b>effective</b> with Netweaver Developer Studio ISA-webapplications (in my case base on CRM 4.0 SP08).

I have tried out the solution from Altug and was able to build the war- and ear-files. So far, so good.

But what about some essential features of a state-of-the-art-IDE for developing java and JSPs: code-completion, syntax-check, ...? I intentionally made some syntax errors, and the build is done without any errors!

Have you any ideas how syntax-checking is possible? Do you use any plugins therefore?

With best regards,

Holger Dittrich

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used Netweaver DS for this issue but not ISA build tool. SAP modification method is too difficult. I created my j2ee web applcation and imported ISA files related directories.

inqmyxml.jar dont exist 6.40. You can use sapxmltoolkit.jar instead of inqmyxml.jar .

Best regards.

Altug Bayram