cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we launch a BO event from BODS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I try to launch reports after a BW chain is finished. I found the new feature in BW to start job DS in a chain. And my question is, there is an integrated solution to execute an event created in BO from DS?

To generate a file in DS in order to detect it in BO is the way to do it? In this case, it would be a pity doesn’t have a full integration in the process, don't you think?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is what events in businessobjects is meant for.

refer these blogs

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/blog/2013/01/07/cmcevents-in-business-objects-and-its-usage

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that it can be done, just make sure that BODS will write the file (which will be watched by the BO Event Server) to a location that the BO Event Server actually monitors and can see. I had issues in the past where customers had BODS on one server and BO on another and we needed to specify permissions that the BODS server could write files to the BO server.

Another option is to use a monitoring solution, such as IBM Tivoli which has more options to keep an eye on whole process chains.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your aclaration,

unfotunatly we miss this integration with DS and BO events. Finally I will have to do it as I expect with file genereting in DS.

BR,

Oscar