cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to run SLD in our systems landscape to avoid downtime during an upgrade ?

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Currently, we have one Solution Manager 7.01 with a local SLD in our landscape and in a near future, I have to upgrade this Solman to 7.1 SP11. In our backend systems, we use RPM which need a connection to the SLD to work correctly. Thus, I would like to keep a SLD up and running during the upgrade to avoid downtime in our backend production. Except RPM, we only use our portal for system monitoring and we do not plan to use PI and/or Java Web Dynpro.

My idea is to create a central SLD on a new host and connect our systems landscape to this new SLD. At the end of the upgrade, I will create a connection between the central SLD and the local SLD of the upgraded Solman. Is it a good idea ? If not, could you provide a better way to upgrade the Solman without downtime ?

Thank you and best regards,

Nicolas Vander Auwera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vander,

You can keep a central SLD on a different host, sync this with your solman local SLD once.

Or connect all systems to this SLD.

Once this is done, you can mark this SLD as the source for LMDB and remove anyother SLD.

Refer how to do it in solman_setup

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/a5/971735dd184f5c8d943c6cf423d13a/content.htm

Regards,

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Thank you for answer.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Answers (0)