cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter two different data sets into Chart component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Here's my problem: I need to show the current year's YTD actual revenue data on a column chart (e.g. 001.2014 - 008.2014). This is simply achieved by range filtering the 0FISCPER accordingly by range mentioned above.

Now, I want to see also Previous Year revenue values in the same chart next to current year's actual revenue data for comparison. The problem is that PY data has 0FISCPER values 001 - 008.2013 and now the datasource is already filtered to show only 001 - 008.2014 data:

1st  column on the chart:    Current revenue            ( 0FISCPER : 001.2014 - 008.2014 )

2nd column on the chart:    Previous year revenue  ( 0FISCPER : 001.2013 - 008.2013 )

Current revenue and PY revenue are individual measures in the query so with current test data, if I select 2013 data I see only PY measures and if 2014 data is selected I see only actual revenue figures.

How can I get both current actual revenue data and previous year revenue data to be shown in the same chart with SAP BO Design Studio  (without modifying the underlying query ). From 2013 I would only want to see PY value, nothing else. This might be trivial task but I just could not get it right...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is something you will have achieve in your Query, because as far as i Know there is no way to do it on the Front end of Design Studio

Regards,
Fazith Ali Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

This is the conclusion that I originally got also. I'd wish there would be some way to add data from additional sources or other ways to more dynamically add/manipulate chart data since many actual reports contain some extra features like this that is needed. My customer original wish was that those underlying queries should not be touched....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

add 0FISCYEAR and 0FISCPER3 to your report (they are attributes of 0FISCPER, if needed set navigational) set the range over 0FISCPER3 and set  0FISCYEAR in the columns.

success!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you for reply. For clarifying the issue, here's somewhat the actual report should look like:

The data is shown by segments, each holding actual, planned and PY values (automatically filtered by 001.2014-008.2014 0FISCPER). Actual and planned figures come out nicely but i would like to get only PY data with 2013 0FISCPER values and that is causing problems...

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

then I should suggest to make restricted key figures

the variable: 001.2014 -008.2014 to Actual and planned

and fiscper3 from 1 -8 and fiscyear to 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds like a good idea, thanks!

Marking this as helpful answer since original demand from customer was that no queries should be changed.