cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No business layer sent back from server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have tried edit some report. In the query I have seen "No business layer sent back from server" without any content. I could create new report using the same Universe so it is not related with permissions to universe, connetions etc. I'm using RichClient v.4.0. Any idea what is going on?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konrad,

Can you let us know the service patch for BO 4.0?

Check this SAP note:

1622652 - Error 'java.lang.NullPointerException: No business layer sent back from server' when importing a migrated Qaaws in Dashboard Design

Also check the right on the universe, sometime the issue can occur due to insufficient authorization.

Try to give rights to Universe.

Then give rights to Connections.

- Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep,

As I mentioned it is not related with permissions because I could use this Universe without any problems in new reports.  I did not change this concrete report. I have tried using richclient with SP5 with patch 11 and tried also SP6 with fixpack 11.

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the Client tools and Server patches both on the same version?

- Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the server I have the same client tools and server patches (SP6 with pixpack 11)...On workstations I use two different version (because we have some problems with old reports after we instaleed sp6): Sp5 Fixpack 11 and Sp6 fixpack 11 (different workstations).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konrad,

Did you check if you have the required permissions on the Connection that you are using ? Is it the same connection that was working for you previously ?

Can you try creating a new connection and test the workflow ?

Regards,

Mihir

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you edit the report from launchpad?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot edit in launchpad (infoview). I receive the same message

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could try create a new conenction but other reports using the same Universe working fine