Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Program Enhancement

former_member207873
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to change a custom program.  I clicked on the change button and what happens next is, it is showing the change look and feel of standard program.

What would be the possible reason of it and how can we make changes like we do in custom programs?

BR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Probably the program was created in another system, so it's not original in your current develpoment system (see the attributes), in this case the report is protected by Assistant.

So as Laxman says you need to switch off the Assistant

Max

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just follow the below path

EDIT-->Modification Operations--->Switch off Assistant.

regards.

laxman

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The solution Laxman provided should work.

In addition to that, when switching off the assistant, the system issues a warning message.

This message tells you that switching off the Modification Assistant for the respective object allows you to perform functions of the tool which, however, should not be necessary normally. You will not be able to benefit from Modification Assistant support. This means the following:

-The modification overview indicates that changes were made but does not give any details.

-No support will be available for upgrade adjustments. Modifications will have to be made using version management.

Regards,

Ashvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Probably the program was created in another system, so it's not original in your current develpoment system (see the attributes), in this case the report is protected by Assistant.

So as Laxman says you need to switch off the Assistant

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Will there be any issues if I switch off the assistant ? 

0 Kudos

No

No problem

The Assistant is usefull in order to mark all modifications, this is very good for standard program (in this case the original system of a program is SAP),

but it could be useless for a custom program.

I mean if you don't need to mark your modification or you'll mark them by your self, you can switch off it

Max

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Switching the assistant off, will do the job, but better relocate the program to your system,  relocation transport, or just change the object directory entry (field original system) - that is often performed in upgrade project when a new development system is created from a productive or another development system which wont be upgraded.

Regards,

Raymond