cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order number is not showing in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus  ,

I have got one case where  Sales order number is not showing  in MD04 screen  . This sales order , line item  has already delivered , PGI &  billing document also been generated  . Moreover accounting document is also been created .As cheeked & found that it is not shwoing in MD04 screen  because at  the time sales order creation  availability check “01” was maintained  which has sum up all the  requirement in one  particular day ( Also as

per SAP note -70408) .

Now because  all the subsequent document has been generated  for sales order so we can not mark it for “Rejection for rejection “  & to create new  sales order  with  availability check “02” in material master .

Please let  me know the possible solution for the same or  if any  sap note would  be required to get the sales order number in MD04  .

Thanks  ,

Aman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aman,

See below documents which explains in details in what scenarios you face this issue.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49467

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50641

BR
KK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Sorry if I didn't understand your question, but you are saying that sales order was already delivered.

Why you would see this order in MD04 if it is not an open document?

Once the order is received or delivered, the order desapears from MD04.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the notes suggested on point 3 of the following document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50641

BR

Caetano

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the setting in MRP3 view, availability check. If the setting is 1 make it 2.

This will solve your problem.

Success.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnendu ,

When old sales order was created avalibilitycheck  was "01"  in material master . Now we have changed the AV check to 02 but still it is not aftected to old sales order although for  new  sales order showing  correctly in the MD04 screen .

But how to get the old sales order  number in MD04 screen ?

Thanks ,

Aman

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

I think for old sales order it will not be reflected. I have to check in my IDES to be doubly sure.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You are right Krishnendu, this change will only affect the newly created sales orders, not the old ones.

See the procedure described on note 1649669 for instructions to find out the order number.

BR

Caetano

Message was edited by: Caetano Almeida

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Caetano,

Please correct your post as it should be

This change will effect only the newly created sales orders not the old ones.

BR
KK

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing the correction Kiran.

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

If the query is answered can you please close the thread?

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnendu ,

As per suggestion from  “Caetano “ I have run the report  SDRQCR21 (Note -1649669)  in quality but still not able to see the  Sales order number in MD04 screen . 

Please let me know if any thing is missing  .

Thanks ,

Regards ,

Aman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MD04 does not show completed stuff, why should it?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Aman

I suppose that you did not read the suggested note carefully. The note states that the report can be used to "find out the sales order or delivery number". It does NOT state that the sales order number will be displayed on MD04.

As it clearly described on this message and on the suggested note, the sales order number is not displayed on MD04 due to your settings for the availability check on the material master.

The note also provides the following information:

This means that if you change afterwards the setting in the material master this will have no effect of the already created sales documents.

At last, this question has been already asked several times on SCN and you will find many references on notes, wikis or old threads.

Please do your own research and read the documentation carefully before asking a question on SCN.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano ,

Thanks a lot for reply. Yes definitely , before  posting this question I had already searched a lot in previous threads .  I just wanted to know that if due to user mistake  availability  check  “01”  was maintained in material master  & sales order was  created & due to this sales order is  not coming in MD04 screen .

As per your last update, I  understood  that now  it is  not possible  to see that particular sales order in MD04 screen forever  ?

Or if delivery also been created  for any sales order  then it is  not possible to see  delivery also  in MD04 screen  forever ?

Please confirm if my understanding is correct  .

In  production  delivery also created but it is also not showing in md04  .

Please refer attached screen shot

Thanks,

Regards ,

Aman

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aman

Your questions are already answered on this thread and on the documentation. Please read carefully everything that was already discussed and the suggested documenttion.

Best regards

Caetano Almeida

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Its already replied by all. Let me know for further query with screen shot.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi   Krishnendu ,

Sales order  is still coming as a blank in MD04 screen  .  I have checked  the table VBAP & found only two  sales order line item related to this  particular  material & plant  . Both the sales order line items  having  delivery & PGI   already done . But still SO & coming as blank & after MRP run  it is generating the PR as well  . .

Please refer attached screen shot  .

Thanks ,

Regards ,

Aman

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aman,

Can you please share complete snap shot of MD04?

Did you really check SAP Note 1992885 - MD04: Problems with sales orders and deliveries thoroughly?

1 - A sales order/delivery is already completed or deleted but it still appears on MD04.

This is an inconsistency on tables VBBE or VBBS and the report SDRQCR21 should be already available on your system to clear inconsistent records.

Note 25444 provides for more details about this report and note 1909466 corrects a program error that generates this kind of inconsistency.

BR
KK

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it old sales order?

If yes, it will come blank as change will impact only new sales order.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran ,

Actually  before running the  report in “SDRQCR21”  in PRD I wanted to  run it in “Quality “ .

In quality I am not able to simulate the same  .

Please refer below points related to my testing result .

1.Mainatined availability check group “01” .

2 . Created Sales order 

3. Check in MD04 screen & as expected  sales order  was coming blank  with negative Qty .

4. Run the MRP which generated PR

5. PR converted to PO  & GRN was done which updated the stock

6. Created delivery  & checked the same in MD04  . It was also coming blank  . No delivery  document  numbe was showing in screen  but  it was coming with negative  Qty .

7. Done the PGI  & blank  delivery document number  was removed & it become  normal .

In PRD .

There are 3 sales order

One sales order is already marked reason for rejection & two sales order delivery , PGI has been done  .

But still it is showing  blank sales order with negative Qty  & after MRP run it is generating the PR also  .

I don't why it was  showing with negative values  .

Please refer attacehed screen shot  .

Thanks,

Regards ,

Aman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This report can be run in test mode without update, so there is no danger to execute it in Prod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Issue has been resolved .

Many thanks for all  your support  .

Thanks ,

Regards ,

Aman

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman Verma,

Please share the solution with forum. It may helpful to forum member who is facing same issue and also mark the reply as correct answer.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKS  ,

Actually there were inconsistency in “PRD” system only  & not in “Quality “ server  . So that’s  why  we were not able  to replicate  the same in Quality server .  Finally we  decided  to run the report  “SDRQCR21” in  PRD  directly, which  had removed the inconsistency in data base & removed the  blank sales order which was already completed  .

As I realize there were two issues  for the same sales order 

1.    Sales Order number coming  Blank  -

Reason  - It was due to availability check  “01” was maintained in material master  when sales order was created  . Which can only be seen in table VBAP  or report “SDRQCR21” & can not be seen in MD04 . It standard behavior

2.      Sales order was not removed from MD04 screen even after completion 

– Sales order which was coming as  blank in MD04 screen  was completed (Delivery , PGI  done) but still showing in MD04 screen as a requirement & after MRP run in background generating the PR.

Resolution  - We run the report  “SDRQCR21”

Thanks ,

Regards ,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aman,

Sales order is already delivered  to the customer,so  i will not be available in MD04 and if this is requirement ,please provide the logic to do so.

Regards,

Vishwa Upadhyay