SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification for Merchandise Category

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am an MM consultant but new to Retail. I am trying to set up classification for Merchandise category. I have created a characteristic profile and i assigned some characteristics in this profile (e.g ingredients, size, etc). Then i went to WG22 and assigned the characteristic profile to the merchandise category.

My issue now, is from where do i enter the values that i want for each merchandise category (i.e the ingredients, size, etc). As i have read, directly in each article you cannot. In CL20N you cannot as the class is of type 026 (internal).

Where do i do this?

best regards!

3 REPLIES 3

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use transaction CT04 transaction to assign the Values.

In WG22 transaction you can assign Characteristics to the Merchandise category. When you create the characteristic you need you need to assign the characteristic value in CT04

0 Kudos

HI, let me describe what i did and which are my issues

1. I have created the characteristics and assigned the possible values

2. Then i though about two options:

a) to create a characteristic profile and assign the characteristics to it

b) assign the characteristics in the Hierarchy directly

3. I did both and my issues are:

a) in the 1st option how i assign values to an article? i want each article of the merchandise category to be assigned to various values.

b) in the 2nd option, i assigned the characteristis to the hierarchy (and thus to the merchandise category) and through MM42 i assgined the values to the articles. In that case my issue is during the search of an article based on the characteristics. There i select as a class the hierarchy and then i have to select the specific merchandise category in order to find articles, otherwise no results appear. Isn't it possible to find all articles of an hierarchy with specific characteristic value?

Best REgards

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

anyone please??

BR