cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII(15.0 onwards) with SAP HANA for real time manufacturing analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MII Experts,

I have read in the release notes of SAP MII 15.0 that SAP MII can use SAP HANA as a backend DB and perform real time analysis.

I want to understand this architecture if anyone of you have already implemented this or aware of the same?

Major queries:-

1)In that case do we need Oracle or SQL or any other DB?

2)Is IDBC connectivity possible via SAP HANA?

3)How Enterprise HANA instance and Manufacturing HANA instance co-exist in this scenario?

Your pointers will help me in understanding this new feature.

Cheers,

Muddassar Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muddassar,

SAP MII 15.0 can be installed on NW 7.40 which uses Hana as underlying database.

So basically all the data which MII stores would be stored in Hana DB.

1)In that case do we need Oracle or SQL or any other DB?

Answer: No as Netweaver is itself running on Hana

2)Is IDBC connectivity possible via SAP HANA?

Yes

3))How Enterprise HANA instance and Manufacturing HANA instance co-exist in this scenario?

You can connect to both from MII.

Regards,

Rohit Negi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit.That gives me a good insight.

Now what I understood is -

SAP MII will be behaving as 'Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence with Analytics' now onwards when there is HANA in the backend and there will be no challenges as far as integration perspective is considered.

Could you also please summarize the benefits of using HANA in a typical manufacturing scenario where there is dedicated MES and then SAP MII with HANA as backend.

Regards,

Muddassar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muddassar,

The real advantage of HANA is the high performance it provides for the analytic operations as it is in-memory database.

So it depends on the business use case how the maximum can be fetched from Hana.

Example could be dumping a huge data(defects, reading from equipments etc.) into the Hana and then doing real time predictive analysis on that data.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

Answers (0)