cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to repeat text object on each page with Crosstab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created CrossTab report and put crosstab in Group Header section. For row header I put one text box object as per community said, this solution is working fine with one page but when new page comes the text box object is not display.

Now my question is how to repeat text box object on each page with group?

Thanks,

Bhavin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One option is to include your Header content (Customer in this case) in page header and adjust it as per your crosstab field width.

If you want the border line to be included, you have to use either a line or a textbox with border enabled on left and top. But the issue with this is, the thickness of crosstab border and line/textbox border would be little different.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Hullur,

As I said above I put crosstab in Group Header section and I want add in this I have also put few text box objects and filed above crosstab object. Now as per your suggestion if I put headers in Page Header section then my additional text box and field will display between page header and crosstab header.

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks,

Bhavin

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

To see the headers on multiple pages, here's what you need to do:

1) Create this formula with the code:

whilereadingrecords;

""

2) Go to Group Expert > Move this formula to the pane on the right so that a group is created on this formula.

If there are any other groups in the list, move this formula to the top. This won't affect the other groups.

While in the same window, select the Group > Options > Options tab > Check 'Repeat Group Header on each page' option.

3) Insert a Group Header 1b section. To do this, go to the Design tab > Right-click the gray area beside Group Header 1 and select Insert Section Below.

4) Then move the Crosstab to this Group Header 1b section.

5) Move the text objects (Row and Column Headers) to Group Header 1a section.

6) Next, go the Section Expert > Select Group Header 1a > check 'Underlay Following Sections'.

Hope this helps!

-Abhilash

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

The text field you want to display for Crosstab, can't it be in a separate page header section after  other page header section which has your other text fields?

And in case it's getting displayed above your crosstab header row, please select "Underlay Following Sections" options from section expert for newly created Page header section.

Please post how it works after these changes.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see that you already have a Group Section.

You can directly skip to point #3 and make sure you have the 'Keep Group Together' option checked for this group.

Also make sure 'Underlay following sections' is select for Group#1a where the text object is placed.

-Abhilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Both of you thanks a lot.

Lengthy solution but I will try it.

Thanks,

Bhavin

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't necessarily have to have it in a page header either.  Since it's in a group header, you could also edit the group and turn on "Repeat Group Header on Each Page".  If you don't want everything from the header to appear I would do the following:

1.  Put the header for the crosstab in a second group header section.

2.  Go to the Select Expert for the header information that you don't want to show on every page.

3.  Click on the formula button next to "Suppress" (DO NOT check the Suppress checkbox!) and enter the following:

InRepeatedGroupHeader

This will prevent this header section from appearing at the top of every page.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavani,

What Abhilash suggestion is perfectly suitable to your problem, if you feel it is lengthy if the crosstab you placed in group1 then you placed that text object "Customer" in page header and right click on grey area of "PageHeader" go to Section Expert > Select Page header > check 'Underlay Following Sections'.

Then the "customer" text Object will display on each page of crosstab.

Hope the above information will help you...

--Naga.