cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of Having GL Control while making Cost Centre PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have one urgent requirement..i.e. at the time of Cost Centre PR creation user should be restricted to enter only selected 2-3 GL accounts. Please suggest how can i restrict GL account at the time of PR creation.

Regards

Ajay Goel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard, you can default the GL based on the account assignment category - using the account modifier maintained against the account assignment category in OME9 and the OBYC config for GBB - <account modifier>.

If you want to restrict the allowed entries for the GL with few GL's then there is no option in standard in MM side as of my knowledge. You may check whether you can use different field status group for the allowed GLs' (FS02 and OBD4) and then maintain different field selection for the field status group same as the field selection for the account assignment category - I didnt test the option - you may check the same.

Else, you may go for development. If you are going for development, you may create a custom table and maintain the account assignment category and the allowed GL's - you can write logic to check the account assignment category, entered GL and the ztable and issue message accordingly.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member619089
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PRasoon,

But in this way we can only assign one GL for specific account modifier but Ajay is looking for one cost center and more than 2 GLs so i think the development is the only option that we have now.

Regards

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hary,

Yes, you are correct. I also meant the same in my reply. Just asked him to check whether the field status variant can solve the issue. Otherwise only option would be development.

Regards,

Prasoon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all, i will take help of my ABAPer to develop such type of requirement.

Regards

Ajay Goel

former_member619089
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

This can be done with the help of an ABAP consultant, only he can write this in user exits so that user can use only those GLs.

Better make a Z table with cost center and GLs assignment and tell the ABAP consultant to check GLs with correspondence to the cost center.

Regards