Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO reports on HANA Live

former_member185165
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please tell me if there are some pre-configured WEBI reports, Dashboard and Explorer and other SAP BO reports which are delivered by SAP as add ons, on top of HANA live models.

Once we have deployed the HANA Live models as add ons. In order to consume these views/information models at the reporting layer, if there are any preconfigured reports already available?

Or we need to build our own custom reports on top of these HANA Live models?

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello VijayKumar,

I think SAP is providing pre-confirgured BO reports as Rapid Deployment solutions for Hana live. These contents can be deployed with less roll-out time and less integration challenges.  Check below links for more details.

http://www.sapevent.ch/landingpagesFr/manager/uploads/cmt/events/1/Enrolments/94/FINAL_SAP%20HANA%20...

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

andy_macaleer
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have been asking myself this same question.  My understanding is that HANA Live contains not only the VDM and associated views, but also "analytical apps".  The link below lists the four apps that were included in version 1.  I know version 2 includes an app for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).  I am interested in and looking for a list of all the analytical apps included in HANA Live.  If anyone knows were a complete list exists, any insight is appreciated.

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/mj/2013/01/16/introduction-to-sap-hana-analytics-foundation-for-business-su...

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Below Analytic apps are available based on HANA Live:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hba/helpdata/en/59/1d9d004e1c4acb8c5212073a0c8308/content.htm?frameset=/...

There are Smart Business apps also available that use HANA Live content with Fiori, check the below link:

SAP Smart Business Cockpits 1.0 – SAP Help Portal Page

Regards,

Vivek

former_member185165
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

In order to access HANA Live explorer, do I have to configure SLT and have the tables replicated to HANA as prerequisite? Or its not required.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLT is for replication - it has nothing to do with HANA Live Explorer.

please follow this post:

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You don't need any tables in HANA for accessing HANA Live Explorer.

But if you are going to use HANA LIVE, it is better to atleast replicate the mandatory tables as mentioned in SAP Note 0001782065 - Tables for SAP HANA Analytics for SAP Business Suite

HANA Live Explorer shows all the views present in HANA.

ALL VIEWS tab in HANA Live shows all the activated views present in HANA and shows all Query, Private, Reuse and Value Help Views. So if your HANA box doesn't have any activated HANA Live Views, so no views will be shown in this tab.

Non HANA Live Views are categorized as NA-unidentified and can be seen here.

All inactivated HANA Live Views are present in INVALID VIEWS Tab.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Tables are supposed to be in the database (even if empty) before attempting to install HANA Live, otherwise HANA content activation will fail during installation.

If you have successfully installed HANA Live, this means that tables were there and you can open HANA live browser.

In case of integrated HANA Live installation scenario, Hana Live is installed on the same database on which ERP on HANA is installed, so before doing installation just schema mapping is required.

In case of Side car scenario, Replication is required to bring the tables into the database before doing the schema mapping and HANA Live installation.

Keep in mind that you'll need sap.hba.explorer* roles for accessing the browser and sap.hba.tools.auth* roles for administration.

Regards,

Sarim

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am currently looking for the same thing which you faced SAP BO reports on HANA LIVE.

Are there any standard reports from BO side, other then HANA LIVE calc views which we can consuming currently.

Please let me know whether you were able to find some solution for this. It would be a great help to me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Subbaraju

Message was edited by: Lucas Oliveira

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Subba,

This post is long dead. Please create another thread for it and refer this one if necessary.

Another point: do not send private information on your replies (such as your mobile) anymore. If you need to send private info, do it through private messages.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay Kumar,

I have 1 doubt here, once RDS V1 package have been deployed ,activated all views and consuming in the reports.  now rDS v2 and RDS v3 came as new versions so now am going to deploy all  latest version.  what is the impact due to new version on my activated views????

Should I need to activate all again ?

thanks..

Br,

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

There is no predefined reports built on HANA live models.

We need to consume HANA views in BO to create custom reports.

You have to create relation universe on top of HANA views and using an Universe you can create the reports in BO