WM6.1 Agentry Extension
We are working on Agentry Extension for Adding some additional fields to WO.Can you please guide us , what are the classes we need to extend to achieve this? actually we are trying to extend steplet,stephandler,BAPI,Object and override some of the methods of those classes.is this the right approach? any guide available for this in the market place or free?
Marçal Oliveras replied
In Work Manager 6.1 you don't need to extend steplet and stephandler any more, since the object class is determined dynamically reading from configuration portal.
1. In ABAP add the new field to the BAPI structure you want to extend.
2. Fill the field in MDO class. In WM 6.1 there are BADIs in order to do so without modifying the standard code or creating a new class.
3. In Java create a new Workorder object class extending from the original. In this class add the new attribute, setter, getter and then, if you want to get the attribute from SAP during the fetch, override the setProperties to call the super method first and then set the new attribute
4. In Agentry create the new field in the Workorder object structure
5. In configuration portal global parameters change the SAPOBJECT class for Workorder object