cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG : Logic to define the default purchaser in Purchase org

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

Need your help and suggestion in one issue.

In Standard system default Operational purchaser information responsible for processing shopping cart is not available.

The requirement is to determine the Default Operational Purchaser, as in standard SRM system Auto PO's will be created using RFC user, which means that, there is no buyers who has the ownership of the POs' and its changes. Hence this scenario is used to assign the ownership of the Auto PO's, since we are not using sourcing cockpit, so all POs' will be Auto PO's.

We dont have the Sourcing Cockpit scenario, so we thought of two possibilities :

1. By marking the lead buyer as the head of the organization ( A check box at the basic data tab at user level).

Or

2. By maintaining a custom attribute at the buyer user level (Through SM30 view T77OMATTR).

Now I need suggestion from you all as if we use the first option the workload distribution would be high as each and every PO from a particular Pgrp would land into a buyers inbox and it wont be good as per the business perspective.

Please suggest me the solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Aakash Awasthi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

implement BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI BAdI (called by BBP_OM_DETERMINE_RESP_PGRP function modul).

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

It will give me the default purchasing group for that I can use BBP_PGRP_FIND too...

My requirement is to determine the default operational purchaser.... As I can try achieving that with the above scenarios...but the problem is again the workload distribution for a particular purchaser..

I hope you understand my requirement.

Thanks,

Aakash Awasthi

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what do you mean with this sentence?

"In Standard system default Operational purchaser information responsible for processing shopping cart is not available."

PO responsible purchasers make part of purchasing group (and their purchasing organization) determined based on product categories...

So, i do not understand your request: where inside the PO, your "Default Operational purchaser" is sensible to be stored?

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Laurent,

Yes I got that, but I wanted to know ,if I would select the default purchaser By marking the lead buyer as the head of the organization ( A check box at the basic data tab at user level).

Is there any way to retrieve it via code or any BADI... as I will get the default purch grp from the badi BBP_PGRP_FIND... but not the purchaser.

Also we want a way to change the default purchaser once we populate it in the custom field...as we have a req that requistioner can change the default purchaser at the item level to reduce the work load.

Regards,

Aakash Awasthi

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Aakash Awasthi wrote:

(...)

Yes I got that, but I wanted to know ,if I would select the default purchaser By marking the lead buyer as the head of the organization ( A check box at the basic data tab at user level).

Is there any way to retrieve it via code or any BADI... as I will get the default purch grp from the badi BBP_PGRP_FIND... but not the purchaser.

(...)

Create a specific attribute to manage this.

Then, check user's attributes with user context lo_user_context = /sapsrm/cl_pdo_factory_user=>get_buffered_user_context( )

Aakash Awasthi wrote:

(...)

Also we want a way to change the default purchaser once we populate it in the custom field...as we have a req that requistioner can change the default purchaser at the item level to reduce the work load.

(...)

This is a CUF, so change its value... Do not understand your problem.

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (0)