cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a UI task for an existing job?

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Is it possible to create a UI task for an existing job. This is required so that the user does not have to login to the MC to run the job.

Is this possible. Do i need to export the job and import into the UI task as an action task > import job?

When I tried this I got the below error. Pretty sure I'm doing something terribly wrong here

Please could you let me know if this is possible and how to achieve the same.

Thanks

Ran

SAP IDM 7.2 SP9

DB - SQL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

while running the job with uRunJobNow is pretty straight forward getting to the call is bit tricky..

The UI isn't too flexible and you're tied with IdM entry types (the drop down that lets you select person/role/privilege) etc. Also the standard UI flow in manage-tab is either create an entry or search for an existing entry and then select a suitable task form "choose task". So you need to use your imagination and try to tie the job execution to these usage patterns..

What does the job do?

If you don't have end users accessing IdM UI maybe you can develop a self-service UI which has workflow (empty job + toGeneric-pass) attached to it that calls the uRunJobNow function in script.

Or make the standard entry type "Async request" visible to the UI (manage-tab) and develop a UI task that runs the job. You could either do a create async request UI task that runs the job (via similar workflow as the earlier example)..

Or if you have multiple jobs you want to run, you could pregenerate and save the requests as IdM entries and then searching the request (which would map to job names), selecting the request/job in the UI and finally selecting and submitting the "run" UI task would execute the job..

regards, Tero

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tero

Thanks for your response and ideas. The job is just for mass locking users and the UI task will be used by a couple of SAP Security Administrators.

Thanks

Ran

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you select the users to be locked?

If you use a file as input and have access to the RDP-solution, take a look how the file upload UI works and runs the batch job to perform actions based on the file.

Doing the selection in via the UI is also possible but it'll be bit of a hack

regards, Tero

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tero

We use a file as input.

I'm not sure what do you mean by the RDP-solution.

Please could you provide more details on this.

Thanks

Ran

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am referring to SAP's Rapid Deployment Solution of IdM, downloadable from Service Marketplace. There are several discussion threds about that and how to download it.

regards, Tero

Answers (0)