cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to retrieve the cube for connection (xyz).(Error:INF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Any body faced this error (Failed to retrieve the cube for connection (xyz).(Error:INF)????

Replication steps: Open the webi report in Launchpad-> refresh the report--> error appears.

Component info:

BOBJ Version: SAP BI 4.1 sp2 version 14.1.2.1121)

Report: Webi report

Source:BEX/CUBE

Connection: OLAP

BW : SAP BW 7.3

At first i have checked the user availability ( lock or unlock)  olap connection --- locked --- hence unlocked the user from BW

but still the issue is remains...

What my thought is: Cube or Bex or un available..?/inactive?secured bex query?

kindly suggest on this.

Note : Don't have access to BW,BEX..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Today morning got the same error in BO when i tried to access the bex query but OLAP connection is working fine for me.

So i tried to execute Bex query in bex designer and its ended up with error and i reported to BW team and BW team resolved this issue. Now I am able to use bex query in BO without any issue.

So please execute bex query in bw side and check whether its working fine. Nothing to be done in BO side.

former_member79602
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I was experiencing the same issue with error “Failed to retrieve cube for connection Error:INF”

What I found to resolve my issue was to run ST01 trace in BW ABAP while running BOBJ report in Launchpad DEV. system. I found a missing authorization value S_RS_COMP  that needed to be added to my security role, also do the same with RSECADMIN, you may need to add authorization for 0COMP_CODE, 0PLANT, 0SALESORG, ZPRFT_CTR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was resolved long back , But updating it right now, the issue is underlying user have missing authorizations, Once Basis admin added the missing roles, the issue is resolved.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

It is possible, that the Field´s in the InfoProvider have changed

The Infoprovider must be remodelling in BW.

Check Transaktion RSDWB.

disnapper
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have had similar issue but only for one specific report. It got fixed it after I corrected the group name in CMC connection settings for the specific report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NaveenKumar - Could you please provide more details about where you changed the "group name" settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbarao,

1. If Bex Query is greyed out, then it is not been enabled for external access.

2. If Bex Query failed to retrieve cube for the connection, then the Cube might be removed or relocated (or) Connection fail

Try this workaround, this connection will not be affected if you relocate the cube in BW side and also you can use any cube / data mart to access data from BW.

Create a new secured OLAP Connection with SAP BICS Client under the SAP Netweaver BI 7.X option by providing credentials. Select "Do not specify a cube in the connection" and click finish then publish it to the BO Repository.

Open the WEBI Report, select the Bex Query as Data source which you want to access, now you can able to retrieve the data from the desired BW Cube via BEX Query.

Check the User Rights and Role imported into BOE Repository.

--Raji. S

0 Kudos

Hey,

Did you ever find a solution to this.

We are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks,

Bart

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

login in CMC

go to OLAP connection

edit that connection

and find your getting that cude/query there

then

Query access is not given from BI side to that user

from BI side thr role is not updated for that query/ cude to that user.

after updating role in BI

we have to also update the ROLE of user in BO from CMC