cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound delivery deletion with shipment cost settled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears

I have one question about how to delete one outbound delivery which has one shipment document inside.

Scenarios like:

we do normal sales order -> outbound delivery -> Picking -> Loading -> PGI -> invoice. and also from outbound delivery to shipment document and shipment cost settled. that means everything is done.

But next month, the customer said they do not need such goods, they want to return all and take money back. so we need to cancel billing , PGI , and warehouse transactions. as you know , the previous month already been closed. we could not cancel shipment cost settlement . actually, we do not need to cancel it because the shipment is done by 3rd party partner. we need pay the transportation cost.

the problem, is when I use VL02n to delete outbound delivery item, it is not allowed because in document flow, there is one shipment document could not be deleted. but this outbound delivery status is OPEN, it always books some items which we will never delivery.

is there one can help me about how to delete outbound delivery or how to close it to avoid stock booking ( ATP)?

thanks

jerry W.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you know the difference between cancellation and return?

A cancellation is used if the user made an error in the system, where no physical movement happened. But in your case you had moved the goods, you billed the customer, hence you should not cancel this. It is an audit relevant transaction.

You have to create a return order in VA01 - have to create a return delivery, have to post a goods receipt when the goods arrive, have to issue a credit note to your customer.

Please, this is very basic process stuff. Check the documentation in help.sap.com, these standard processes are well explained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Jürgen L

thanks for your answer. I fully agree with you. it is just our business user ( specially from warehouse) want to make process simple, so then use this way to cancel billing and PGI, then delete delivery lines. I will push them to use standard process .

thanks again.

best regards,

jerry W.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.