Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open new report on Refresh

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement in webi  where there is webi report but when I refresh the report and input prompt values it should take me to another report.

Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks,

Pali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Palik,

Create hyperlink along with using prompt Value on report which you are trying to refresh.

Refer the below links.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0daee1d-0e38-2d10-0c91-8bb4ab5aa...

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Sujitha. I will try this and keep posted.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

I will be a little more clear with my requirement...please see screenshot...

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can create a object for current quarter in Universe and then you can use it in report query filter. So that your reports gives data only for current quarter.  Now you can create a add element link on table one on the object you needed and their you can choose the second table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pali,

As per my understanding to replicate the same report in webi,

You can have 2 separate data provider for two different table, for the First table which needs to be for current quarter by default and second table should show data as per selection of month and RSO.

In first data provider you can apply restriction for current quarter which will populate you first table when report opens.

Second data provider will have data for full year for second table, in report you can create two input control for second table i.e. month and RSO. Here you can apply logic to show table only when single values are selected from each input control.

Now by default your report will open for current quarter for 1st table and when you select any value in input control for month and RSO, you will get to see second table for selected value.

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

This method requires the OP to bring all data into the report; I'm going to assume he doesn't want to do this as the requirement is to launch a second report based upon Input Control selections (a classic summary / detail scenario).

To summarise and reiterate, you're not going to launch a second report without clicking something. You should be able to parse your input control selections () in order to generate a hyperlink, and just put this somewhere on your report (e.g. "click here to open detail for XXX").

HTH

NMG

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I gather, you want to open a report, input some parameters and refresh the report, but have another report open simultaneously (using the same parameters)?

Maybe some javascript wizardry may get you in the ballpark, but AFAIK the only way to  launch a report is by clicking something.

HTH

NMG

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not understand this requirement. Why can't you directly refresh the other report ?