cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to troubleshoot report failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report that is scheduled for email it is recurring daily job. I just get failure but where can i learn what is the cause of the problem? when i check latest instance, it has the report, it did run. But it's not emailing to the user or to me. why is this?

Why can't it give me the reason?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Some error messages are very generic and don't tell us about exact cause of the issue. So, we need to first drill down the issue by performing various troubleshooting steps.

1. Check if you can schedule same report to the default enterprise location? If NO, then test the report in Web Intelligence Rich Client.

2. If the report is failing for specific to Email destination, verify if all Adaptive Job Servers are configured with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Server) information.

3. In addition to this, verify if you can send email from BO server using Windows Command Prompt.

- Mahesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

How about we first with a simple step!

Go to the report history by right clicking on the report -> History. Click on the Fail instance and see the error message you see.

Also check the Adaptive Job Server properties for Email destination. Verify the setting has not changed.

Try and create a new schedule for a new report and see if the instance goes to the email destination or not.

- Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep, we do have an error:

Error in File ~tmp1d50822269f9c80.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 8002 ]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Please verify your odbc connection.

Also refer to the discussion below:

Regards,
Ashvin