cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Rule Editor Eclipse Not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a rule for a column in a transaction but the editor won't let me select any functions on the left hand side. In fact everything is disabled except for the tabs themselves.

I am using Eclipse Juno and I just updated to the Agentry 7.0.5 editor (included in SMP 3.0 SDK SP5). I had the same issue with the previous version of the editor as well.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Arunachalam
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Your application has an unnamed Global <<text.>>. You can either delete that unnamed Global or give it a name. Close open rule editors(if any) and re-open them, rule editor will work as expected.

~ Thanks

Arun

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Arun,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by an unnamed global <<text.>> and where we would find it to delete it?

--Bill

Arunachalam
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Navigate to Application -> Globals (Sort by Name). You can find an unnamed global. Delete that global.

~ Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have had this problem.  I can not edit nor create a rule as all functions, properties, etc. are light-gray and inaccessible.  I have 64 bit OS with 64 bit version of eclipse, Juno, with version 7.0.5.7.  This is a major problem.  Is there a different, working version of the editor plugin?  Have you found a working set of versions yet?

Thanks,

Ed

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ed,

I have run across this as well.

While not ideal, the workaround is to create the rule using the right hand side and right clicking on the rule name to begin creating the rule.  This is similar to how the rule editor used to work.  From the right click menu you can add/replace and select everything you should need to when editing your rule.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

I've tried that.  The problem is that when I add a function, sometimes it will add (e.g. "COUNT"), but other times when I try to add a property or a collection, I browse to it and it will never enter into the rule.  I take it there is no working version of the plug-in.  Will this be corrected in the next Patch Level?   This has been broken for several releases now.

Thanks,

Ed

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ed and Dave,

Sorry you are having problems with the rule editor.  This is not a problem for most.  It is something specific to your setup, maybe the memory configuration you have defined for Eclipse.  I am able to use the wizard panels of the rule editor without a problem.  I choose not to though and like Bill suggested, I always just use the right graphical pane by using right-clicks to do all the work.  If you run into a problem with COUNT or another collection function not letting you add a property, try a different collection function and see if that one allows selection of the target path, then drag and drop the property back onto the COUNT function.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Please let me know what OS you're using, what version of eclipse you're using, and what Agentry plugin version you are using and I am not the only one in my company that can not use the rule editor in its intended capacity -- no one can.

Thanks,

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ed, as you be having a different issue then the OP, can you open a new thread. with your exact issue you are seeing, and information of your environment,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am running Eclipse Juno on Windows 7 Ultimate (under VMWare Fusion). I'll look into configuring memory for Eclipse. I've been able to work around the problem by using the technique that you and Bill have suggested.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ed,

I am using 64 bit Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1, Eclipse Juno Service Release 2, Agentry Editor Plugin 70.5.1.10.  This is a Windows laptop with no VM.  I have never seen the issue you report on any previous version of the plugin either.  My command line to start Eclipse is as follows: C:\Eclipse.Juno\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vmargs -Xms1124m -Xmx1124m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

I do see other memory issues with these params though.  Periodic "Out of Handles" messages from Eclipse, screens and toolbars not refreshing as they should, etc..  When the Editor starts to act funny, I always do a restart on Eclipse and I am back in business.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the 32 bit version or 64 bit version?

If yes, try the a 64 bit version on a 64 bit OS

Are you using a Mac with Windows VM?

If so, can you try on a Windows Machine and not on a Mac \ VM

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the 64 bit version on Windows 7. it is on a Mac with Windows VM. I tried installing the plugin into Kepler on a Windows machine and it failed. I will try it with Juno on the Windows machine tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thanks,

Dave