Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Activating Hierarchy SAP BW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fellow BWer's!

I'm facing an odd issue regarding this instructions found in the forums:

While I try to activate a hierarchy based on thiese 2 whitepapare's mathods, I get first this warnings

After accepting the activation with warnings I receive this error messages: RSDS666,RSDS133,RSDS134,RSO404

I'm attaching also a file of the complete activation list.

Please help me to acheive this or suggest me a better way to load a Hierarchy With Time Dependancies from an CSV

Thank you a lot,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shawn_mcdowell1
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was facing the issue, warning, error messages and all. 

Once I created a header via the extraction tab, the data source activated. 

It's looking for a hierarchy name and cant find it until the header is created.

thanks,

-Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how ur loading the data through flat file r what????.in which version u are loading data 7.3 are 7.0.when u are loading in 7.0. as per your information it is clearly showing that

The data object ""L_S_DATA_0001"" has no component called ""HIENM"", but there is a component called ""H_HI. u have created one component and specified another. if ur loading flat file means check the objects length and size, and name conventions are correctly specified r not. after doing changes, save & activate and log off ur system again login and try to do activation. hope this will helps. can u specify which document u followed from above mentioned ones.

regards,

Jaswanthi.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GJ,

Please don't use chat/sms language here. its professional forum.

so please use You, not "U"

Thanks

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GJ,

Current Version: SAP Business Warehouse 7.31 SP08

I tried this by following steps in the first link I provided, this is, using Flexible Hierarchy and data is coming from a CSV file in my local computer, the only different thing here is that I'm trying to make it time dependant.

And the preview of the file is as follows:

Also, the error messages say are not clear to me

1.-The data object "L_S_DATA_0001" has no component called "HIENM", but there is a component called "H_HIENM".

2.-Code line has errors: "    l_s_data_0001-hienm     = l_s_hie-hienm."

3.-Syntax error in routine "ASCIIHIER " (Conversion method), line 253 of generated program"

4.-Error when activating DataSource ZAI_ORGU_HIE                  ZLOCALCSV

These are the reason I'm asking for help in this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as mentioned in the document did you activated the  below  segment fields. And maintain   external hierarchies,properly. And check your flat file info objects size and length is correctly specified or not. the object names in your flat file and objects you maintained in external hierarchies are same are not check it once. And re activate it. while me also faced same issue after correction of info objects length my issue was resolved. hope this will helps.

3) Segment/ Fields:

Hierarchies are usually loaded in multiple segments. You can find the segments below:

• Hierarchy Header
  • Hierarchy Description
  • Hierarchy Structure
  • Description for text.

regards,

Jaswanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand when you say "Activate Segment Fields", Also I'm not using External Characteristics for Hierarchies, I'm using a single base characteristic.

How do I check if my Flat File has an specified size?, I'm not able to change Extraction properties in the hierarchy maintenance in BW, and the issue is that I'm not able to activate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Federico.

I have the same problem as you have, while trying to load Hierarchy with Flat File in BW7.3.

Please can you share with us how you solved your issue.

Many Thanks

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't,

As the front end is Business Objects dashboards, I decided to use WEBI as the part providing Hierarchies for my Dashboards.

I assume I'm doing something not very well, probably ig you follow the exact same instructions you might get it right, if not I remeber somehow I saw a note/error message where it said that its a program error that might be solved with a recent patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederico.

Many thanks for your reply Frederico.

I have eventually solved my error. Perhaps it may help you too.

Recall the 'warning' you got just before the main error, 'coversion exit not being executed'.

To fix this I entered a conversion routine (similar to the that which exists in the key infoobject). In the properties of my infoobject ZWBS_BPC there is the conversion routine WBSEL. Therefore I included this conversion routine also in the datasource.

I would advise to check if your infoobject also has a conversion routine and if so also put this in Segment 3 against the field NODENAME.

Kind Regards

Michelle