cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we move flavor from one tcode to another..?

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a custom transcation zsmen in SAP by copying smen transcation ( SAP Easy access screen) . Now when i create a flavor in smen , can i move the flavor to zsmen tcode. Is that possible.

Regards,

Sivaganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In the standard, no - this is not provided.

However it IS technically feasible with a little hack.

Set a break point in the location shown by the screen shot below, then go to the admin transaction and copy the SMEN flavor to a new name. When the process stops at the break point, change the transaction code in field gs_flavid_db-tcode after this line, using the replace feature of the debugger.

Now while this will work, you have to handle this with caution. It only makes sense to copy hack a flavor from one transaction to another if the two transactions are VERY similar, like in many cases the Display and Change transactions of the same object, for instance. Like Change Sales Order / Display Sales Order. However even then, you may encounter some weird problem or even slight differences between these transactions can cause unexpected effects.

Under no circumstances is this supported by SAP though

So in case of any problem resulting from doing this, you're on your own.

However in your case, since you copied a standard transaction to a custom one, this will probably not work because the program name of the copied transaction is different, so the resulting control IDs of your custom transaction will then also be different. The flavor has customization for different controls than the ones on the screen, so you'll then end up with the flavor looking like the Basic View. I never tried to do this on such a copied transaction, but that's my expectation.

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas ... Let me check this out and ill get back to you ..

Regards,

Sivaganesh

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

It worked .. Thank you .. Once again.

Regards,

Sivaganesh

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK... I guess if you only created a different transaction code but everything else (like program name, screen numbers) are the same, then this will be fine.

Glad it worked out

former_member313514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

I guess the include mentioned in above post might be specific to Personas 2.0.

I cant find it in our system.

I am also having the same challenge and i was wondering if personas 3.0 has an easier option(s).

Thanks in advance.

Gurjeet

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, the above is for Personas 2.0 only.

former_member313514
Participant
0 Kudos

Tamas, are there any options in Personas 3.0.

We are starting the personas project and tips/tricks will be much appreciated.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No official or standard way exists for this yet.

former_member313514
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any workaround to acheive this..

If there is no workaround available, can i ask what will be the fsatest way to create flavours with same look and feel for 20+ tcodes.

I was hoping to create a template flavour which has header, footer and branding which our organization need and then somehow use this template as a base for these 20+ tcodes.

Thanks in advance.

ssteinhauer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is an exciting feature request. I will record this for our backlog.
We are also planning to invest in a number of exciting productivity enhancements which should make it much easier to create consistent flavors across systems. However, I can not commit to a specific date or feature set.

Cheers,

--

Sebastian Steinhauer

SAP Screen Personas

Product Owner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sebastian. That would be a really useful feature specially while trying to create many flavors with the same look and feel (header, footer, background image etc.)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194736
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sivaganesh -

Flavors are transaction specific.

Unfortunately there is no way to copy over a flavor from tcode to another.

Regards

Vandana