cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a line chart from a DataSet using DateTime Field and value (decimal)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports Developer 14.0.

I have a dataset with multiple tables related to each other (-> = One to Many)

Level 1 -> Level 2 -> Level 3 ->Level 4

The data I wish to chart is in table level 4.  Each record in this table contains a DateTime column and a Value (decimal) column (among others)

I have tried to no avail to create a Line Chart plotting value on the y Axis and DateTime on the x axis.  Seems simple enough but I am missing something.

I have each table in my DataSet set up as a Group (4 groups) and I insert a chart using "Insert Chart" in the Group 4 Footer (Level 4 table).  I cannot find where I would set the data points for the x and y axis.  I can chose the Level4.Value field and set the "for each record" but nowhere do I see where to add the date field.

Help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.  I did figure that out.  Unfortunately there are more issue I am facing.  One is that apparently you can't set the Chart Scale at run time.  It appears that the chart capability while perhaps very useful for many applications, for what I am doing it may not be flexible enough.

The charts I am creating are Line charts that analytical result values vs dates. I need to set the scale based upon a Standard Deviation and draw lines across for + 2SD and - 2SD.  Does not appear that this is doable/

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Neal,

although you can not set a scale at run time you can have several charts with different scales and then conditionally suppress them based on the required scale. it's annoying but works.

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to do it..

Data Tab - Make it 'On Change Of" and add the Call Date field.

--DJ