Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC-RFC and HANA-DB connection conflicts

former_member207892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing some strange issue when trying to build OData service from ECC and HANA views.

I could successfully configure the service which will fetch data from ECC in Gateway and when tried in the browser, it will show the metadata, if filter is applied, specific data is available in the browser both in json or xml format.

Couple of weeks later, we had a requirement to connect HANA box as trusted relation with GW.

I have configured the model classes and DB connection as described in the following docs.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0b5be6f-afb7-2f10-e68c-dad80774a...

Now the catch:

As per the document we need to do BAdi enhancement to update DB connection method.

Once the steps are completed, I am getting HTTP 500 error in the HANA DB service which says something like "syntax error in sql"

This means, Gateway is able to connect HANA as DB and trying to hit the views.

At the same time when you try to access the previously successful ECC service, it is now throwing with error "RFC call ended with "Communication Failure" exception"

As soon as when you try to remove the newly created BAdi enhancement spot, the ECC OData service wil resume and fetch the data via RFC connection through Gateway.

I would like to know, how the connections to ECC and HANA can be resolved.

Any other settings involved in Gateway to handle ECC-RFC  and HANA-DB connection separately in gateway.

Thanks!

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue got resolved by adding a Filter Value for SERVICE_TYPE in BAdi enhancement implementation section through SE19 in Gateway server.

The mentioned doc helped me to get the missing step.

Thanks!

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Last week,exactly...same error got when I created BADI enhancement spot. then deleted enhancement spot and my service for ECC started working.

This is very useful, I am going to add filter value now.

Thanks for sharing info

Thanks,

Santhoshi.

Answers (0)