Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS Configuration

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I've got some questions regarding TMS configuration and I hope you can help me:

I want you use the same transport directory for two differente landscapes (ERP and BW). The domain controllers for both landscapes are in the same server, where there's also the transport directory:

server1: ERP DEV, BW DEV (both domain controllers)

server2: ERP PRD

server3: BW PRD

I'm able to perform the TMS configuration using two different transport domain, however, the file DOMAIN.CFG gets overwritten (located in /usr/sap/trans/bin) when performing the second TMS configuration (for landscape BW). Is this file necessary for performing Import transport? I'm checking the configuration and It seems fine.

I've seen that It's got some information, like Instance Number, SID and, etc.

Regards,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to change from having 1 trans directory for two different landscapes, each system is going to overwrite files Domain.cfg is a good example; since the other domain controller is unaware of the change your TMS profile will state a inconsistent in its profile.

If you have to have a single trans directory then you need to delete one of the domain controllers and join it to the other TMS domain.  Keep in mind that when/if you do this you will need to manually change the number range on the other Dev system as it will default back to sidK900001 and overwrite things you more than likely do not want overwritten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1 > DOMAIN.CFG is important file - you know when ever you are releasing transport in DEV . it got the information about target and other system connected to Domain . via this file.

2 > I've seen that It's got some information, like Instance Number, SID and, etc. - that is true content in DOMAIN.CFG

3> are you able to perform BW landscape transport ? and are your QA and PROD common ? 

and yes DOMAIN.CFG will got change everytime you distribute the TR configuration . and as your DIR Structure is common then you cant have two DOMAIN.CFGs in same DIR .

Regards

Dishant pathak