cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest CrystalReportsViewer Download?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I inherited a .NET web application that makes use of the SAP Crystal Reports Server 2011 and uses the CrystalReportsWebViewer control in an ASPX page which is contained in the CrystalDecisions.Web.dll. We have recently added support to our application for IE 11. There is some strange behavior in IE 11 when entering the letter "u" into the search input box, the character is "eaten" and doesn't output to the input box. I tried to follow the onkeydown event handler and don't see why this is happening. Works fine in Chrome, Safari 6 - 7 and IE 9 & 10 but having issues with IE 11

The version that we have and that seems to contain the bug is CrystalDecisions.Web.dll version 14.0.6.1036.

I figured I should try to update the CrystalDecisions.Web.dll to the latest version but can't seem to find where to obtain the latest version. We are using Visual Studio 2012 Premium Edition.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio - 2012 Now Available for

Download scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35074

Reference Link:

Thanks,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at samples on the web for VS 2012, it looks like the viewer is now coming from a different namespace, is this correct?

Wondering how much work to expect/plan for in migration if that's true.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff

Unfortunately, DJ once again provided incorrect information...

You are using Assemblies from CR Server (v. 14.x). The references DJ made would be for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET (v. 13.x), not CRS.

IE 11 is supported from SP 5 on and you appear to be on SP 6, so this should work...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0134dbb-8f10-3010-5084-cf90dbb35...

Are you able to run these reports in CRS successfully - using IE 11?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the report renders just fine. The issue is that inside the viewer when the letter "u" is typed into the search input box, it doesn't render into the input box. The search input box is shown when I click on the binoculars icon. I have tried all other letters in the english alphabet and that is the only one that doesn't render in the input box. Even a capital "U" is ok. Just a problem with lower case "u". I'd rather not have to rework the code for the viewer, especially if its going to be involved and was hoping this was a known bug and I would just need to update the viewer's dll to get IE 11 support. Previously we had only tested our product and the viewer against IE 8 - 10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek, could you please direct me to the download page for the Service Pack 6 of SAP 2011 Crystal Reports Server? I now seem to have a hodge podge of dll's from different products/versions and based off your blog post about mixing and matching being a bad idea, I'd like to make sure I have the right set of dlls.

I'm also still confused on what exactly I need to grab to get the latest web viewer for SAP 2011 Crystal Reports Server. Will the Report Server dlls also need to be updated to go along with the update to the asp.net web viewer control?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you download the CRS Server SP6 update, you'll get the latest web code in addition to the latest versions of the server stuff.

You have to have an SAP S-id to download the latest version.  If you have that then here are the steps:

1.  Go to http://support.sap.com.

2.  Click on "Download Software".

3.  Click on "A-Z Alphabetical list of my products".

4.  Click on "C".  You will be asked to log in using your S-id.

5.  Click on "SAP Crystal Server"  (DO NOT click on the OEM version!).

6.  Click on "SAP Crystal Server 2011".

7.  Click on "Support Packages and Patches".

8.  Click on "Crystal Server 2011".

9.  Click on "Windows on X64 64-bit".

10.  Scroll down to find the appropriate SP update.  NOTE:  You're asking for SP6, but this is up to SP9, so you may want to upgrade to that.

-Dell

Answers (0)