cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 Not Found Error for Alert Inbox , How to Activate the ICF Object - bc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In RWB, after clicking on 'Alert Configuration', 'Alert Inbox'.. I am getting the error

as follows.

404 Not found

The requested resource does not exist.

I had checked on thread for the solution of above issue in the SDN forum. As per that, I had tried the option with -- SICF transaction /sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc

After clicking on 'bc' it shows some other screen with the title as "Create/Change a Service". In this screen i could able to see the ICF Object as 'bc' and right side to this 'bc' label, another text label was shown as 'Service (impl. Inactive)'. I tried to change by cliking on 'Pencil' icon to modify as in Edit mode. Still i could not able to do that.

Could someone please suggest how to activate the Alert Service or to resolve the 404 Not Found error.

Thanks in advance.

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow this thread......

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

See also the below link

HTTP* Errors /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SE38 and execute RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES (see also SAP Note 517484), it will activate all ICF service required.

If you can access service market place then download XI configuration guide and then you can configure all required service by yourself.

Manually you need to activate following services:

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/alertinbox

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/sxms_alertrules

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/system

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bsp/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bsp/sap/system

/sap/public/bsp/sap/htmlb

/sap/public/bc/icons

/sap/public/bc/icons_rtl

/sap/public/bc/ur

Regards,

Gourav

---

<i>Reward points if it helps you</i>

Message was edited by:

Gourav Khare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried as follows.

Go to SE38 -- Shows the ABAP Editor screen

Now where I have put the RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES, to execute. Whether I need to provide this Tcode in the same Enter field (which is available at Top Left Corner of the ABAP Editor screen) or some other place to execute.

Please suggest me. Points already rewarded.

Thanks

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not t-code this is abap program so write in big text box given in front of program then press F8 button to execute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gourav

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I had executed Successfully the program RXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES. Is that sufficent now with respect to ICF activation process. Or any thing else need to perform. Should I restart the system now to get this activation works completely?

Thank you for your time.

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just refresh cache using transaction SXI_CACHE nothing else required. If you like you can start server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gourav

I have used SXI_CACHE and as well as we have restarted the server. Still I could not able to access the link 'Alert Configuration' or 'Alert Inbox' link and 404 Not found error is still coming.

Please suggest how i have to proceed.

Thanks,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange!!!

I suggest you shoud download SAPXI configuration guide from service.sap.com because it will be difficult to pin point exact problem here.

If all services are enabled then it should work. Can you please check if service I mentioned are active? another question is are you able to process message succesfully... I mean is everything else is fine in XI?

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gourav

I had checked the services which you had mentioned by using SICF TCode.

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/alertinbox --> Active

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/sxms_alertrules --> Active

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/system --> Active

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc --> Active

/sap/public/bsp/sap/public/bc --> Active

/sap/public/bsp/sap/system --> Active

/sap/public/bsp/sap/htmlb --> Active

/sap/public/bc/icons --> Active

/sap/public/bc/icons_rtl --> Active

/sap/public/bc/ur --> Active

I am able to click on Message Monitoring, Cache Monitoring etc links under RWB.

But the problem is only with 'Alert Configuration' and 'Alert Inbox'.

Still i could not able to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then this issue is something else and not related to ICF. Let me investigate in detail and I'll get back to you soon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gourav. Thank you so much for your time and analyzing about this issue.

Sree