Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get delta - datasource

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There!

Excuse me for some lame q's- being a starter in BW I'm looking forward some help to fix an issue.

There is a table in R3 for I need to see if a particular data was recorded but unf this table is refreshed every fortnight. But the scenario extends to BW data extractor and source for which config is active. How can we see the data replicated in BW for a specific date? Will there be any history maintained? Pls can someone throw some light on it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am unable to understand your issue description.

Assuming as you need to see the last refreshed data from ecc.

Actually we never replicate data into bw. We load ecc data into bw by using extractors/info pack.

if your data source supports delta , then you can check your info pack monitor screen.

based on that you can see last night data was refreshed or not.

Even your data source have any date field then at PSA you can check data by filtering on date field.

Even go to your data source-->manage-->see the latest loaded request.

Thanks

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram. Yes my datsource has a date field. So is it possible to view the log, say for 14/09, in PSA? Pls can you advise the trx for it?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to your info pack and see the log of 14/9 or 15/9 loads. You can see the records thru loaded request number on 14/9 or 15/9

or RSA1-->data source-->manage--> there also you can find request number, based on request number you can the data at PSA table at SE11. that will shows the all data which was channged 14/9 or 13/9.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. Can this be checked in ECC side or it is possible only at BW?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, You can check at RSA3, use date selections(same seletions, which used in bw).

Source run your data source with same date selection and see it.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this trx just pulls the data from the table linked to the source? isnt so? but what i wanted to see is what data was extracted a week before. the table linked to the source is flushed each night and i do not have old entries nor the table is logged to view the changes. so i was hoping if i can see those previously transmitted dataset in bw or in ecc

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at ECC  RSA3 you can't see them.

Based on date only you need to analyze and find the records at base table only.

For example Your data source daily runing delta load one time at 6PM IST.

So records which are created after 6pm to next day 6PM , will be loaded into bw on next day delta load.

As you said last week data,Assuming as you need to see the records which are created/chnaged on 11  Sep 2014. so at base table you need to check the records based on time and date.

Thru that way you can see them at base table only. There is no other intermediate storage to see last week loaded records.