cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

I have created one  new production order by copying existing one in Dev system.  I am able to  save the production order but system has also copied  number range of old production order .  when it was transported to Quality system then by default  number range also  been copied to quality system for new production order although I wanted to assign the same number range which has been copied .

Please let us  know whether this procedure  is correct or not. Or will it overwrite the  production order number range in “PRD”  when it will move the same .

Thanks,

Regards ,

Aman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aman,

When you create a order with copying existing order then new order number should be different from old order.

I hope you are aware that order number ranges can be maintained in CO82.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Kiran  ,

Yes ,  I am aware for co82  how to maintain the number range  .   As per client requirement they want the  same number range for the new production order type also & they don't want to user the old production order type  . Actually as per requirement new order type should have same setting like old order type .

Number range mentioned for both order type(old & new ) is as below  .

In dev  system  .

100000000 – 199999999   1000000020

In Quality system  .

100000000 – 199999999   1000038750

When all the setting was transported to quality system then it was not overwrite  the existing running number  .

I means it has started giving number   from  1000038751 ……

Please let  me know whether it is right practice ? or should I delete the  new order  type in  “Dev” System & create recreate the same  without taking any reference  .  Then transport the same again in Quality then maintain the number range through C082  in quality

Thanks ,

Regards ,

Aman

Hi  Kiran  ,

Yes ,  I am aware for co82  how to maintain the number range  .   As per client requirement they want the  same number range for the new production order type also . Actually as per requirement new order type should have same setting like old order type .

Number range mentioned for both order type(old & new ) is as below  .

In dev  system  .

In Quality system  .

When all the setting was transported to quality system then it was not overwrite  the existing running number  .

I means it has started giving number   from  1000038751 ……

Please let  me know whether it is right practice ? or should I delete the  new order  type in  “Dev” System & create recreate the same  without taking any reference  .  Then transport the same again in Quality then maintain the number range through C082  in quality

Thanks ,

Regards ,

Aman

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aman,

Did you check the Mariano suggested SAP note  1536355 - Number range assignment after you transport order types.

BR

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Kiran /Mariano ,

In my case number range interval  group was  already maintained in both the server  & I didn’t have to create it separately & client wants to have same number range for new order type . When I copied the old order type through “OPJH” to create new order type  & done all the other seting .. Then  after I saw in CO82  it has already  taken the same  number group  like old  production order type have  in “Dev” .  I  didn’t assign it manually  anywhere  .

In  Dev  system   number range is maintained as below  for  new order type

When this setting was transported to “Quality”  then new order type was automatically assigned to  same number group .

In  Quality  system   number range is maintained as below  for  new order type

When setting was transported to Quality it  has not overwrite the  current number  & started giving number  like 1000038751..etc .

My question is if we transport the order type setting  in “PRD”  so will it create  inconsistency  or not  .

In Quality I don’t see any problem  .

Thanks ,

Regards ,

Aman

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you check the note mentioned in my first post?

This note explain how this issue can be fixed.

1536355 - Number range assignment after you transport order
types

Kind Regards,

Mariano

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aman,

Please note if you are not doing any changes in Number Ranges then obviously it would not overwrite the number ranges in Target system when you transport them.

Now in your case you have done configuration for new order type with copying old order type so there is no changes in Number range group so when you transport them to production it would not disturb or overwrite your current number range in production system.

You already had experienced same with transporting to QAS same way it works with PRD.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your support  .

Thanks ,

Regards,

Aman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need to overwrite the number ranges using t-code: CO82

Check this note to fix this issue:

Note 1536355 - Number range assignment after you transport order types

Symptom

In Customizing of production order types (transaction OPJH), you make  changes and then transport them. This transport overwrites the number  range assignment in the target system.  As a result, incorrect number ranges are used for this production order type.

Other terms

Order type, number range assignment, NUMKR, Customizing, T003O
OPJH, maintain production order types, V_T003O_PP
CORN, order type, process order, V_T003O-40

Reason and Prerequisites

The system design contains errors.

Look at the inside the note to see the solution...

Kind Regards,

Mariano