Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Production order number Range

Hi Gurus ,

I have created one  new production order by copying existing one in Dev system.  I am able to  save the production order but system has also copied  number range of old production order .  when it was transported to Quality system then by default  number range also  been copied to quality system for new production order although I wanted to assign the same number range which has been copied .

Please let us  know whether this procedure  is correct or not. Or will it overwrite the  production order number range in “PRD”  when it will move the same .

Thanks,

Regards ,

Aman

Former Member
replied

Aman,

Please note if you are not doing any changes in Number Ranges then obviously it would not overwrite the number ranges in Target system when you transport them.

Now in your case you have done configuration for new order type with copying old order type so there is no changes in Number range group so when you transport them to production it would not disturb or overwrite your current number range in production system.

You already had experienced same with transporting to QAS same way it works with PRD.

BR
KK

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question