Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Stored procedure in sybase

ssuratharajan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a backup for transaction log in sybase . I am refering to note 1588316 where script files are attached and the configuration scripts are given. I am able to take a database backup using sp_config_dump (stored Procedure) . Which is now scheduled in the DB13( DBACOCKPIT ).

But I am yet to setup transaction log backup which should happen every 30 mins as planned.

I am refering to the thread , Which describes a way to configure a script in SAPTOOLS . But when I try to load the file sp_dumptrans.sql using the steps described , I am getting some errors.

Please help me on this as I am new to Sybase . I am also attaching a screenshot of the error which shows up.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Suratharajan .S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

net password encryption is enabled by default for the ASE.

See SAP Note 1858378, just add -X at the end of your ISQL command and it should work.

With kind regards

Stefan

former_member188958
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stefan is quite correct, my reply was incorrect - I was thinking about a different issue I've been struggling to diagnose where a DUMP command will fail with errors related to an encrypted connection between ASE and the Backup Server:

Open Server Error: 16400.10.0: srv__e3_create_encrypt3_context: Unexpected failure in comn_keypair_create.

Open Server Error: 16400.10.0: srv__e3_handshake: Unexpected failure in

srv__init_encrypt3.

Open Server Error: 16400.10.0: srv__handle_password_negotiation:

Unexpected failure in srv__e3_handshake.

These are the errors that seem to be related to the "net password encryption" option set on the SYB_BACKUP entry in sysservers, and are baffling because the DUMP command shouldn't involve a password negotiation.

-bret

ssuratharajan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan ,

The encryption issue was corrected but , but i still have the issue with CT-LIBRARY error : (login failure )

According to this article its a login failure SyBooks Online

when i login using normaly with the below command

isql -X -U <username> -P <password>

The login is successful

But when I try to import the sql script its unsuccessful . Is there any way to import the sql script sp_dumptrans.sql into the system ?

Regards,

Suratharajan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188958
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run

sp_helpserver SYB_BACKUP

Does it show the status "net password encryption"?  If so run

sp_serveroption SYB_BACKUP, "net password encryption", false

and try your DUMP again.

If the option wasn't on, or if turning it off fails to resolve the issue, please post an update.

ASE and the Backup Server communicate via RPCs rather than by a login involving a password, so in theory this error should not happen regardless of the option setting (and it shouldn't matter if the option is on or off).  But I have seen a few reports of it happening.