cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field values in detail line being cutoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports 2011.

I have a report created in Crystal Reports and is being populated by a Dataset.

The report is displayed in a CrystalReportViewer in an ASP.Net page.

I am finding that sometimes the string data  in fields in the detail line are being cutoff.

For example:

There is a column in the report called Status.

The table field has a value of Started1234567.

When the report is displayed in CrystalReportViewer, the Status column only shows Started12 in the detail line.

Even when the report is exported to a MS Excel .xls file and you click on the cell with that value, it still only has a value of Started12 instead of Started1234567.

I am not concerned that the value is cutoff in CrystalReportViewer.

But it would be better to be able to see the whole value when the report is exported to a file, especially to a MS Excel .xls file.  Is there a way to keep the value from being cutoff when being exported?

Sincerely,

Keith Jackson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

You can try to increase the width of that status filed

or

just right-click the field and select Format Field > Common tab > check "Can Grow" option.

Please update ASAP..

--dj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot increase the width of the Status field because the fields need to be able to fit on legal paper if the report is printed.

I have thought of using the Can Grow option for the field.  If I check the Can Grow option, will the field expand to fit the value in turn pushing the other fields further out or will it expand the field and causing the value to overlap the value of the field next to it or will it do something else?

Sincerely,

Keith Jackson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setup the font size is smaller i.e based on your requirement..

Format the field and on the paragraph tab put a small value in the Indentations Left box.  I use 0.1 cm, but it depends on your settings in Page Setup..

As of now these are the possible ways....

Refer this link: 

Thanks,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help!

The link you referred to was not very useful for my situation.

For now I will use the Can Grow option and look into using the indentation as you suggested.

Answers (0)