cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous Background Method stuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an asynchronous back ground method with terminating events. All the terminating events are triggered. But the task is still not completed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bikash

What is the key of those events? Can you see the Key in SWEL? Do we have the same BO/class (of the event) in the task with an instance of the same key (same key: including spaces, leading zeros..)?

How Terminating events work:

• Event triggered with a key
  • System searches for waiting tasks/steps which have a live instance of the same BO/class (of which the event is triggered) and has the same key.
  • So if the terminating event is triggered for PO 12345678, it will end any step waiting for the same event for that PO (in our case, BUS2012 instantiated with PO 12345678 in the TASK workitem) and not for other waiting PO workitem, say  87654321.

Hope I am clear

regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

I need to analyze more to answer your questions.

Actually we have standard workflow(Open Text) and the above problem happens very few times.

Can you please way me out, how to see:

• Event triggered with a key or not.
  • Terminating event is triggered for same key or other.

Thanks a lot.

Bikash.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, check the terminatin event entries are there or not in SWE3

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bikash

In SWEL, when you see the terminating event, double click and you can see the "Object key"

The workitem which you are expecting to terminate with this event should have the same BO with an instance and the instance should have the same key.

If it's still not clear, please provide the following:

1) Screen shot of SWEL - event list screen and the detail screen of the event which you are expecting to end a workitem - need to see if the event has a receiver or not and what is the BO + Key

2) Screen shot of the WI container which you are expecting to end - the Same BO should be visible with an instance and the key

3) screen shot of the step history of that step from technical WF log

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

I have added the screen shots below for your Investigation. First one is the successful and 2nd is the problem one.

But i can't find any Event in SWEL.

Is there any other way to find out the terminating event triggered ?

Successful one's step history.

Container.

Unsuccessful one's step history.

Container:

Terminating Events of Task.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try on thin, raise the terminatin event from SWUE and check your asyncrounous  task completed or not. If completed, that means your terminating event not trigger , thats why it is not  completed.

In your screenshot there are lot of   terminatin event , any      one of the event need to trigger , then your asynchronous task will complete

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"But i can't find any Event in SWEL."

If SWEL is turned on (see SWELS, or see if there are any other events in SWEL around that time) and you don't see your event then no, it was not created.

regards

Rick Bakker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

The trace on. we are working on Production server.

I talked to the USER and he mentioned that all the processes have been finished.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Another thing i ought to mention that neither in Successful nor in Unsuccessful Task i get any Terminating Event Triggered for completion of same Task.

The Event trace is ON.

Can you please put some light on it.

Thanks,

Bikash.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bikash

In your screen shots, the successful one got over by event RELEASED of Object /OPT/V1001.

Make sure that this is carried out in the system for the unsuccessful one. Is there any DB table which confirms that the Key of this BO was ACTUALLY released or not? (I do not have a system with this BO and cannot verify myself).

Users may say "that all processes are carried out" , but confirm it from the system.

If it is released in DB, can you check if there are any associated settings?

Regards,

Modak