Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Ratio by using local member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to create the report contains distribution ratio (%) as follows:

Precise:

-Members of the combination of Parent and Children in ITEM dimension are always placed in the report.

-Of course the number of items and item groups are gradually increasing year by year.

Then I want to define "ratio" as a local member.

However, I don't know how to point the cell of aggregate value in the definition of local member such as the row number of "Item Group nn".

What I had tried is:

-use EPMPOSITION : not possible

-use OFFSET function (xls) : not possible

-etc

In this case, isn't it possible to realize the report by using local member... Please teach me how to define it.

Best regards,

Masa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

To my mind, your requirements can't be solved by local member formula. But it's possible to create dimension member formula for ratio (new ACCOUNT member) using MDX syntax.

Something like (just description):

If current member of dimension ITEM is a base member ([CALC]='N') then divide [Qty] by parent ITEM,

If not - then 1

Like:

IIF([ITEM].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("CALC")="N",[Qty]/([Qty],[ITEM].CURRENTMEMBER.PARENT),1)

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

PERFECT! Our issue is solved immediately by the way you informed!

Thank you for your kind support!

Best regards,

Masa

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For sure in this simple formula example there are limitations like: only simple hierarchy (2 levels) of ITEM is supported, all base members need to have parent!

But this approach can be adjusted to other requirements!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Yes, i see! I wrote the formula to be propotion of each parent except top of hierarchy. It is our client's requirement.

Have a good weekend!

Best regards,

Masa

Answers (0)