cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 4.0: Activating Side Panel within Index Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to activate the Side Panel within the default Index Page? Is so, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Ben, If you're parking this, then I may be too late, but: side panels are just a subset of Page Builder entry pages - ie you can use all the side panel chips in a PB entry page. So you could provide the roles using a PFCG link chip (if you don't have too many), plus incorporate your Yammer content in a Web chip. It's not the same as ehat you suggested, but I just thought I'd mention it as an alternative.

BEst wishes, Julie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julie for the suggestion above, we will certainly bear this in mind moving forward.

I believe you will soon meet my colleagues Lee Mears & Mike Healey f2f, so I'm sure you'll get to hear much more about our NWBC efforts to date.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Oh! I didn't know you worked with Lee, Ben.

But yes, I'm looking forward to the meeting.

All the best Julie.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I don't think so but what you could try is making the following setting that I stumbled across in the NwbcOptions.xml file. There is a parameter called <SidePanelConnections> it appears you can define a URL. Have a look at the NwbcOptions.xml.template file located at

C:\ProgramData\SAP\NWBC

It's a long shot, but give it a go.

I'm interested to understand your use case, what do you want to be available from the index page in the side panel?

Thanks,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We have decided to park this for now as we are already approaching the end of a NWBC PoC project, where we are testing (in Non-Prd) a couple of use case scenarios (roles) within our Lubes Supply & Plant Maintenance areas.

The idea we had for an active Side Panel within the default Index (or New Tab) screens, was to promote our internal colloboration tool (Yammer) where we could link directly into our global SAP forum. We feel this could be useful for end users to have visibility of, especially if they are looking for support for 'quick win' items e.g. 'how-to' queries etc..

Of course we can still offer this through NWBC via alternative approaches.