Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump Table Maintenance Generator after upgrade

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am getting below runtime error while executing TA: SM30 . SAPLSVIM seems to be standard include. I am not sure if its a regenerated include. In that case i'm not sure how to regenerate this include again.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Runtime Errors         SYNTAX_ERROR

Date and Time          17.09.2014 09:26:30

What happened?                                                                              

Error in ABAP application program.                                                                              

Error analysis

In program "SAPLSVIM", the following syntax error occurred:

"The program "SAPLSVIM" is not Unicode-compatible, according to its pro"

"gram attributes."

" "

The current ABAP program "SAPLSVIM" had to be terminated because one of the

statements could not be executed.

This is probably due to an error in the ABAP program.

10 REPLIES 10

former_member200338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run UCCHECK for the program affected. This should fix your problem

0 Kudos

Hi Niyaz,

As per my understanding, UCCHECK will validate unicode checks across programs, and it give list of programs which have unicode compliance and not.

But right now my issue is with function group associated with Table maintenance generator, which is a standard include and non uni code compliant.

So in the above case will i able to correct the issue(make it unicode) by TX: UCCHECK for a standard program?

Thanks!

George

rajucd81
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Go to SE38 and give the program name as SAPLSVIM and go to aributes and check whether "Unicode checks active" check box is checked or not. I hope it has not been checked thats the reason you are getting this error, usually in unicode upgrade  both Standard and Custom programs should be unicode enable, custom programs we will do, but standard programs SAP will do. So raise a OSS message to SAP. they will take care this issue.

Thanks

Raju C D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

Regenerated the TMG using se54 tcode,it will solve ur issue.

Sam

0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry,i didnt understand completely. Do you mean to say i have to execute SE54. But how should i regenerate? Is it only function group? Please let me know steps i should follow.Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hello George,

Go to SE54.

for regenerating table maintanance program automatically.

A-type your table name in table/view input box

B-Select generated object radio button. it will go to the table maintanance generator screen

C-click on chage button in table maintance screen. it will display popup screen where you need to select appropriate check box for regenerating table maintance program.

finally save .

D-test your chages by executing sm30 or created table transaction.

Try like this it may help you.

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos

George,

What is your extact issue, are you getting above dump as soon as you execute SM30 Tcode or during doing some thing else.

Thanks

Raju C D

s_nnoorie
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

usually this error comes when you add or remove fields in TMG.
when you add fields in table or view corresponding Function Group need to be updated.

Activate Function group and check. This should solve your problem.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First ask upgrade project manager to read some documentation like SAP Standard for Upgrade & Release Management and look for terms like SPDD, SPAU and UCCHECK

Regards,

Raymond