cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori: incorrect alias used when multiple system aliases assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all and

I'm implementing SAP Fiori PO/PR/Contract approval.

There is only 1 gateway system currently in order to support 4 ECC systems.

(Sandbox, development, quality and production)

Everything is working correctly when assigning only one (Sandbox) SAP system alias to the gateway service of PO approval for example.

However when we assign multiple system aliases and set the sandbox system alias as default things go wrong.

(Currently IW_BEP is not yet installed on the development; Quality and productive system)

And we noticed the service is resulting in an error message because these BEP function modules can not be found on the target system.

However the issue is that it should not call these systems as we have flagged Sandbox system as default.

Anyone has an idea or note for this?

(We temporary fixed this by assigning only a single alias to the services).

But in a later phase we want to add all in order to be able to test on all systems and run production as default.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

It is not a good idea having such landscape design.

After go live, you have only 1 productive Gateway server. Are you going to patch directly to the productive Gateway without test? For additional apps, are you going to test on productive Gateway server?

Gateway has multi origin function which supports multiple backend.

Let's say your company has 3 productive ERP servers in America, Europe and Asia. 1 productive Gateway is connected to the 3 productive ERP servers. You should assign system alias with Role. Users who has the role will be connected to the backend. Local purchasers who are only responsible for Asia connects to the productive ERP in Asia. Global contract purchasing managers who are responsible for the world wide need to connect 3 productive ERP servers.

So the solution is Assign system alias with Role in the /iwfnd/maint service transaction.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masayuki Sekihara,

We know this is not ok and it will be only used during the time we have only one system.

Additional systems are being installed.

However if I understand well from you, SAP NetWeaver gateway will always read the data from all assigned system Aliases for witch the user has authorisation. What is the purpose of the default flag then?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

You can find details in help.sap.com.

Multiple Origin Composition - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to use the MOC.

I want the behaviour like mentioned in the note:

The default system is used whenever the service is not called as MOC. If you have defined more than one default system alias, the first system is used as the default.

How can I achieve this?

According to my understanding now I should make sure ";m"o is not added to the URL, but how can this be achieved?

Thanks!

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Please take a look Dynamic System Alias Calculation Via /IWFND/ES_MGW_DEST_FINDER - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library.

If you just want to connect to 1 backend, maintaining only 1 system alias is an easy solution.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to connect to 1 system at a time.

But we want to specify multiple under assign system alias.

Then in the URL we want to pass the system to be used. (if not default one)

bharanidharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Please share the solution for your problem.

Regards,

Bharani

Answers (0)