cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample document for FBB1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After reviewing several posts and SAP notes, I have not found the desired solution.

Is there any option for generating a Sample Document (as being done through F-01 transaction for FB01) which can be used in FBB1 transaction?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bittor

Looks like this is a standard SAP issue. However I dont see any difference in posting when you use either F-01/FB01 or FBB1 transaction. Even the Accounting transaction is RFBU in both the cases.

So in my personal opinion you can still create a sample document for the kind of foreign currency valuation that you are anticipating to use through FBB1 transaction and still use that sample document in FB01/F-01. Result should be same.

Alternatively, you can use account assignment model in FBB1.

Thanks,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not really. We use FBB1 to perform postings on group currency (30) with zero value at document currency and company currency (10).

Unfortunately this can not be done through FB01, it should be done through FBB1.

And regarding account assignment model, there is also the problem that I can not put on the template the Group Currency (30).

Any other suggestion will be welcomed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand your requirement. FBB1 does not provide a sample document functionality. Alternatively you can use a reference document using option 'post with reference' and select a document that closely matches with your sample document, may be last month similar transaction. And then change amounts or any other details as you wish.

This keeps the impact to minimal of not having a sample document to an extent.

Thanks,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, that is the best approach, but as there are several possible documents to be posted, the key user wants to have a different template for each one prior generating "real" documents.

Any other suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would have suggested my user to post all different types of transactions atleast once (just like how they take time to create a sample  document) and make a note of those unique reference document numbers on his/her cubicle check-list and name them like this.

1000000900 - Group Sales Adjustment

1000000910 - Intercompany Adustment

This works just like a sample document and change the relevant values/details as needed when you call up using 'post with reference' option.  This is not hard to follow and a different do-able approach.

I hope you would be able to convice users and best wishes for the same.

Thanks,
Sekhar