cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate the complete solution along with data from BW 2.x to BW 7.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

There is a scenario in which SAP BW 2.0 have been upgraded to 7.0 version,  while the BW flow  and the custom models  that exists are still in 2.X version

We acquired separate SAP BW 7.4 powered by Hana ,  We would like to migrate the older version of BW i.e 7.0 with mentioned content and models into this new system with data and going forward our organization would like to have only one system and dismantle the old system  .  Please let us know the process in the form of steps as to how it can be achieved . Need your expert input on this .

Thx,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The below is my Proposed Solution

Identify the list of Models & Objects which is required Migration eg: out of 100 Cubes only in Use 70 Cubes & Reports 150

Migrate the models in System 1 (Old BW System)

Create RFC from System 1 to System 2(New BW System)

Transport Objects to System2

Load the data from System 1 to system 2 using Open Hub/datamart

If you have any Full load from ECC , Non SAP or Excel, no need to load the data from System 1 to System 2, you can load directly from source to system 2.

PLease Advise.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

The below is my Proposed Solution

Identify the list of Models & Objects which is required Migration eg: out of 100 Cubes only in Use 70 Cubes & Reports 150

Migrate the models in System 1 (Old BW System)

Create RFC from System 1 to System 2(New BW System)

Transport Objects to System2

Load the data from System 1 to system 2 using Open Hub/RFC

If you have any Full load from ECC , Non SAP or Excel, no need to load the data from System 1 to System 2, you can load directly from source to system 2.

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik, no offense but please re-format your post in here... it looks horrible, I really cannot read it. 

thanks,

m./

Former Member
0 Kudos

I posted again.