cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually create "secExternal" alias for Trusted Authentication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Running BIP 4.1 SP2 Patch 2. We have about 350 Enterprise accounts that I need to create "secExternal" aliases for because the REMOTE_USER sent back from our authentication system does not match the Enterprise account names. I have Trusted Authentication set up and working (via Shibboleth).

I currently have it configured to automatically create the alias the first time the user logs in (using trusted.auth.user.namespace.enabled=true), but when the user hits the login page the first time they get a misleading error message. If the user then logs in using their Enterprise user/password the alias is automatically created, but I'd like to manually map the aliases to avoid this. SAP support says this is not possible, but if the application is doing it then the code exists.

I've tried the SDK, but it gives an error when I attempt to create the alias I get "Unable to locate the requested plugin secExternal on the server. (FWB 00006)." I'm pretty sure I have the SDK and code set up right, because if I change the alias string to secLDAP it tells me that I don't have LDAP enabled (which is true).

Has anyone encountered this and found a way around it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My backup plan is to rename all the users so their Enterprise user = their Trusted Auth user, then turn aliasing off completely. Does anyone have experience renaming users, if so any problems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renaming is the route we chose to go, have not run into any issues so far.

Answers (0)