cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GB_BACS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need help on this GB_BACS, here my requirement is I need to configure the standard process for vendor payment for the country UK and I checked on SDN forum and I came to know about GB_BACS format.

Here my clarification is

1) can we make international vendor payments through this format or any other format to be used for the international vendor payment for the Country  UK.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak ,

we are using gb_Format .We copied the standard one and created as per our requirment .

For international Payment . We created BIB file as formatt provided by Bank

Are you using Barclays ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Preeti ,

Thanks for you reply , yes we are  using Barclays . do we need to give the spec to the Abaper to do the changes as per our requirement .

Can you please give some more details on this.

Thank you

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need of ABAPer

Please check this post.

Please search before posting. Search with GB_BACS on SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply Ravi.

As I am new to this forum sometimes unknowingly some mistake wil happen.

Once again thanks for you information and I will look into the link and get back if I need any more clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I was just going through the link which you have given and I need some more clarity on copying the standard format into Z format .

Can you please explain me the process of doing this, As I have not done earlier.

Thank you

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are unsure of copy in OBPM1 transaction code, you can also use GB_BACS, there is no harm in it. Make sure that nobody is changing GB_BACS in DMEE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As I have done all the configuration by using GB_BACS for the domestic payments and its working fine , Just one more clarification as you said we can use the same for international payments . Do I need to change or add any configuration  steps for this to work.

For example any changes in vendor master or in FBZP .

Thank you

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BACS is for UK payments only

If it is international payments, you should know what the file format format.

If there is a standard format, just use that, otherwise, you need to develop a new DMEE structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi ,

Here my requirement is I want to make payment to from UK (GBP) to US Vendor (Dollars) . (International payment).

What is the procedure and format I need to follow, Finding it difficult to find answers and its bit confusing me .

Please Help me out and if you can brief me some more on this that could be helpful for me as this is a urgent requirement of our client.

GB_BACS Using for the domestic payments.

Thank you

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In US, most of the banks accept the ACH file format. Therefore, you can use ACH_CTX file format. This is the PMW structure that is being used. You can use this PMW structure to generate the file, the configuration is similar to GB_BACS

But, you should know what the file format is accepted by the banks. If they have their own format, then you may need to develop a new PMW structure or a bespoke program, which is to be used in FBZP

If none of these works, then create a payment method with wire and make the payment through F110. However, please note wire payments are expensive compare to ACH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi ,

Thanks for your reply, Correct me if I am wrong.

For UK domestic payments I will use GB_BACS(payment method 1) and For international we need to use ACH_CTX this will be the other payment method for the US vendors(Payment method).

If I am wrong Please brief me about the flow.

Thanks

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right, for US vendor you will use a payment method ACH.

The vendor master is to be filled with the correct ACH payment method and the bank details.

Therefore, you will have two payment methods BACS for UK and ACH_CTX is for US.

In ACH there are various version, ignore all others, just use CTX, this should suffice your vendor payments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Ravi.

Will work on this and let you know if I need anymore information.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi ,

One more clarification , We have nearly 20  company code in different countries .

Do we need to use different payment methods for each Country domestic and international payments.

For ex : Australia, Dubai , Us, UK and India co code : Do we need to use different payment method for both domestic and international payments.

Hope this will be my last clarification.

Thanks in Advance

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Every country / bank has its own domestic file formats. First of all, you need to check with the bank what file formats they would accept, then you can decide whether standard PMW structure can be used or new PMW structure / program needs to be developed. Initially, you may have to do iterative testing / trail runs with the bank. Therefore, you need separate payment methods for local / international file formats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have a new requirement here , Client want to make the payment with two different banks for two Currencies.

Example : Want to make payment in GBP and euros (GB_BACS). here the criteria is when making the payment in GBP we want to use Bank A/c 1 and for making payment in euros want to use bank 2.

Can we use the same payment method for both.

Please explain me the config steps and the process.

Thank you

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GB_BACS is only for GBP.

You need to have two different payment methods.

Answers (0)