Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sub report execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please clarify.

I have a sub report having 1 parameter.Now In my main report I need to show that in report header.So I took the copy of sub report and kept in report header a and passing parameter using variables.

My doubt is now I have same sub report 2 times.So will it run for 2 times.Will the total take any extra time compared with one report due to 2 reports.

Please suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

If you've placed the same subreport on two sections of the report, then yes, it will run twice!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

yes kept same sub report copy in report header but I didn't dragged any fields in details section.I just placed only date parameter in report header .So will this take same time as sub report 1.

Please suggest

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it should not.

If you've not placed any database fields on the report, a SQL Query is Not generated.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I kept only date parameter where my where condition is like this.

where date={?date}

This parameter value I kept in report header.I think it will not take as sub report1 .

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the Subreport is based off of a Command Object, then the query will run against the database only when a database field is.placed on a section.

If you place the parameter field on the report, the query does not run however, the report should display the value you've entered in the prompt.

-Abhilash

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

If you place your sub report without any data connection to database also, it will get executed

Eg: Blank subreport will also get executed

You are saying you placed sub report in report header and one more in other sections, so, both sub reports will run when you refresh main report.

Whether these sub reports will hit the database or not is depends on your sub report database connectivity and the data fields you are placing in your sub reports.

Thanks,

Sastry

Answers (0)