cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material ledger - values allocation to specific cost component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm implementing Material Ledger / Actual costing and I would like to know the possible ways that I have for:

• charging some actual values/overheads to specific material
  • see these values in a specific cost component

What are the possibilities? business process (CPT2), overhead (costing sheet), etc?

Assumptios: we have Enhancement Package 4 so we cannot activate LOG_MM_SIT business function, so through MR22 is not feasible to choose the right cost component through origin group field.

Thanks in advance!!

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ma EHP 6 and want to know if you have used or tried Origin Group approach in Reason for Price Change.

Udo mentioned that LOG_MM_SIT needs to be activated before we see Origin Group in Reason for Price Change configuration but i am not sure if it will create any problem in current Stock Transfer Process. I am worried as this activation will bring many more features for both InterCompany and IntraCompany Stock Transfer and might disrupt the current process.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Anand

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the below link.

Regd,

Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

thank you for your answer but I'm talking of applying a value directly to a material, not to a production order or cost collector. Immagine to have e.g. a packaging material and you want to add a value in a specific cost component. What are the possibilities excluding the MR22?

Thank you vm,

Marco

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can try to apply the Additive Cost hope your requirement will fit to this.

Please refer the below & let me know if it suites.....

When you want to add certain costs to your standard cost estimation like freight costs when transferring from one plant to another and  royalty etc we use T.code CK74n and enter the additional costs. This should be done before standard cost estimation.

In configuration --> the valuation variant (OKK4) Material valuation tab, a check mark for Additive cost need to be set.

Regd,

Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

sorry but CK74n is a transaction to be used for budget costing, not for material ledger / actual costing. It cannot be the right solution.

Regards,

Fabio

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

thank you for your answer but I'm talking of applying a value directly to a material, not to a production order or cost collector. Immagine to have e.g. a packaging material and you want to add a value in a specific cost component. What are the possibilities excluding the MR22?

As per your reply above- Can you elaborate more the business scenario...

which kind of -eg Packaging cost want to add to Material....(is packing cost not added in BOM???)

If not normally will issue Packing Material to Prod Cost Center to get inventorized...

Regd,

Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the best example is: to add actual overhead cost (fixed costs) to finished product opened in commercial plants putting those cost in cost component "overhead".

Regards,

Fabio

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your best example, Actual Overhead Cost (Fixed) to FG- will include in Cost Component based upon the OKTZ - Cost Component Structure assigned GL's....which will bring to bring FG break up....

Regd,

Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

could you explain what's the process and the SAP transactions to be used to allocate these actual overhead costs to a material ?

Regards,

Fabio

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

1. KP06 - Activity Dependent Cost Planning-(Against CC-Cost Element- Activity dep)
  2. KP26- Activity Qty Planning in (Against CC- Activity Type)
  3. OKEW- Splitting Structure
  4. KSS4- Plan Cost Splitting (KSS2 for Actual)
  5. KSPI- Plan Activity Rate Calculation (KSII for Actual)
  6. KGI2- Allocation of Overhead (if you use Cost Sheet-Qty/%)

Or

CPTA- Template Allocation(If you use Template –for allocating O.H to FG)

7.  MFN1- Revaluation at Actual Price (Actual Price Revaluation allocate to Order)

Overhead Management through Template

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57434

Regd,

Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

KP06, KP26 etc are related to budget costing, CPTA and MFN1 are related to actual cost but with the goal of allocate cost to an order.

My goal is to allocate costs directly to a material code, without any order.

Thank you,

Marco

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

If this is the case, you can allocate cost directly to Material Code.

Info record for RM & BOM -SFG/FG......

Hope other alternative you could not allocate directly to material - as per the SAP standard system..

Regd,

Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Please let me know if you got any solution. I have the same requirement.

Thanks

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

unfortunately i have not found any good solution...i'm continuining to use MR22 with Enhancement Package 4 (without choose the right cost component).

let me know if you'll find something.

Regards,

Marco