how to extract only part of data field in transformations
I have an email field coming from the source(ecc).now i want to extract only domain from that email field.
For eg: if it is firstname.lastname@example.org(from source) i need only gmail.com in my domain field
How can i implement this in transformations using formula or routine?
please explain this in step by step procedure
Krishna Chaitanya replied
I think your email field coming from the source should be of data type "CHAR".
Go through the steps mentioned below.
1) Map the source email field to your target (domain field).
2) In the field routine, declare two variables of data type char one with same length of source field and another one with required length.
3) Pass the source field value in the variable of same length.
4) Split the variable value at "@" and store it two variable.
5) Now your second variable consists the domain value.
6) Assign the variable to "RESULT".