cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring inspection date -how to update

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am doing recurring inspection of a batch B1 of material X with inspection interval=4 days  which has been manufactured on 17.09.2014 and its next inspection date is 21.09.2014 if we see in MSC2N.

In QM07 i am putting "initial days =4" and a lot is formed. I did UD of that lot and cleared.

Now my question is how will my batch update with next inspection date as 21+4=25.09.2014 or i have to do it manually.How can i fullfill requirement of recurring inspection of batch will lot formation on interval of 4 days?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I m still not getting.I know how to schedule background job. Or you are trying to say only background job scheduling will update batch next inspection date..

As i am using QA07 and my batch next inspection date is updated only once from 17 to 21 but now i want to update it to 25 and so one..how can i do  this cuz 21 date is stuck with the batch as next inspection date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per your inspection interval= 4, system will execute the backgrnd job and update the next inspection date in batch master.

Regards

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

System will update Next inspection date to 25.09.2014 when you give Usage decision for the Inspection lot created on 21.09.2014.

At the time of usage decision you will get a pop up which will ask you to confirm date as 25.09.2014.

Moreover, you also have to setup Background job in QA05, which will daily execute the variant of QA07 Screen.

Amol.

0 Kudos

I am getting no popups ..how can i get pop up?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Dnt worry if you maintained inspection interval then system will auto update the next inspection date based on GR date . No need for manual intervention.

Regards

0 Kudos

GR date is 19.09.2014 and system has already calculated 21 and a lot is formed...my query is that same batch is lying in warehouse without any movement now how system will calculate its next ispection date as 25.09.2014,29.09.2014 etc so on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per inspection interval = 4 it should be 25th only. Secondly, it totally depends how you using QA07. Because there is option without gds mvt creation of inspection lot.

Regards

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You need to schedule background job using transaction QA05 using variant.

If the background job is scheduled daily, the system creates inspection lots as per the control parameters in the variant.

1. Lot Creation only: The system creates inspection lots for the selected batches when the next inspection date is within the opening period automatically as per your indicator set on the initial screen.

2. To inspection stock at lot creation: The system creates inspection lots for the selected batches when the next inspection date is within the opening period. When the inspection lots are created, it posts the batch stock to inspection stock. If an inspection lot already exists, the stocks are also posted to inspection stock and the inspection lot is updated accordingly.

3. Block batch at lot creation: The system creates inspection lots for the selected batches and blocks the batches by changing their status to "restricted." If the batch status management function is not active, the stock is posted to blocked stock.

4. To inspection stock at inspection date: The system posts the batch stock to inspection stock when the next inspection date is reached. If an inspection lot already exists, the system updates the existing inspection lot. If a lot does not exist, the system creates one.

5. Block batch at inspection date: The system blocks the batch when the next inspection date is reached. If the batch status management function is not active in your plant, the stock is posted to blocked stock.

Please find screen snap on the initial screen attached.

Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni