Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am scheduling the job for ORADICSTATS and am getting error as below,

Step 001 started

External command: BRCONNECT

Related parameter: -u / -c -f stats -t oradict_stats

Ext. prog.: BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.40 (6)

Ext. prog.: BR0252E Function fopen() failed for '/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient/dbs/init<SID>.sap' a

Ext. prog.: BR0253E errno 2: No such file or directory

Ext. prog.: BR0159E Error reading BR*Tools profile /oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient/dbs/init<SID>.sap

Ext. prog.: BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2014-09-15 11:20:46

Ext. prog.: BR0301E SQL error -12545 at location db_connect-2, SQL statement:

Ext. prog.: 'CONNECT /'

Ext. prog.: ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

Ext. prog.: BR0310E Connect to database instance <SID> failed

Ext. prog.:

Ext. prog.: BR0806I End of BRCONNECT processing: ceotfkta.log 2014-09-15 11:20:46

Ext. prog.: BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2014-09-15 11:20:46

When checked the init<SID>.sap file is available under /oracle/<SID>/112_64/dbs.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue is solved after maintaining the database server name in the Job step definition.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Ext. prog.: BR0252E Function fopen() failed for '/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient/dbs/init<SID>.sap' a

As you you know, this path is incorrect. It should pick the file from /oracle/<SID>/112_64/dbs

If you are running the job from DB13, then its using the envrionment variables of user sidadm to trigger the job

Can you check the value of ORACLE_HOME environment variable and PATH variable and provide it here for user sidadm and orasid

Thanks

Amit

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is this is a distributed setup ?

Could you supply the environment variables of the ora<SID> user on the host where the job was executed ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Yes. Its a distributed system and SAPXPG RFC also working fine.

Please find the environment variables,

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/nuc/linuxx86_64:/oracle/<SID>/112_64/lib

ORACLE_SID=<SID>

ORACLE_BASE=/oracle

ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/<SID>/112_64

If you are looking any specific environment variable, let me know. I will check and update.

Thanks and Regards,

Anand.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand

Could you supply the environment variables of the <SID>adm user please ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Can you try to run this directly at OS level of the database host and check if it works there with sidadm user

brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t oradict_stats.

If yes, then there might be some mismatch and environment variables are not correctly getting mapped at SAP level.

In SM49/69 , you can test this. Create a sap command with utility "env" and run at remote db host using SAPXPG RFC, and check if any mismatch with the same command fired at os level.

Thanks

Amit