cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP3 - WEB UI randomly hangs showing the loading wheel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

since we have EHP3, the WEB UI sometimes hangs, showing the loading wheel. We saw that even the processes do not acquire data or something, the session really just hanged up. We are not able to reproduce this issue to a certain action, it just randomly appears to users.

Anybody ever heard of such an issue using EHP3??

Thanks

BR Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are having ICM issues, and this more of an SAP Kernel Issue.  We didn't experience this as badly as you, but our basis team did find issues with the ICM in the 741 kernel that required us to swap out at least two or three kernels post go-live to fix.  We are running 741 patch level 49 with not as much issues, but my basis admin tells me this kernel still has some problems.

If you are on this kernel level, then I recommend you open a "high priority" message with SAP(if this is your production box) and have them look at it.  This type of issue is why you are paying for SAP maintenance.

Take care,

Stephen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt & Stephen,

I'm afraid our users are facing this exact same issue... and I just checked our Kernel version as Stephen suggested: it is 740 patch level 80. So I sent an oss message to SAP support to ask if we will need to switch our kernel version. I just wanted to let you know in case someone else finds this thread desperately looking for a solution like I am 🙂

Cheers,

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

switching the Kernel did solve the issue for us. At least no one reports these strange behaviours since our update.

We're now running on 740 lvl 80, like you do. I'm very interested in SAP supports answer, would you mind letting me know?

Thanks and BR

Matthias