cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a user(customised) message from warning to error in mb1b

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change a message status from warning to error. It is generated while transfer posting (mb1b). When i double click the message generated i do not get any information. I think it is not a standard message (may be i am wrong). Where can i change it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The warning given, when double clicked does not show anything.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't find the message text on T100 table.. I think this is a custom message..

Please consult with your ABAP team to make the message error.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then it could be a custom message. You may check with your technical team and find the logic behind the message and make it as error if required.

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

contacted the ABAP team, issue resolved.. thnku all

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If the issue has been solved, please close this thread.

BR

Caetano

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it was already mentioned in subject: it is a "customized" message.

But even a home made message just behaves how it is foreseen by the programmer in program.

If your programmer has made it a hardcoded warning message then you cannot make it an error message via the standard SAP table for customizing of message attributes. And as you do not get ANY information if you double click the message, your programmer must have missed the usual standards for a message anyway.

Contact him again to get a solution

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The procedure outlined on the document previously provided can still be helpful for you to find out where this message is triggered. Just open debug typing /H on the command and the create a watch point for the variable sy-msgno. System will stop for each message triggered and you will be able to find out where your message is being triggered and what it the message number.

BR

Caetano

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Double click on the message and check the message number. If its starting with Y or Z, then its a custom message.

If its not showing any message number or its Y or Z, then you need to check with your technical team.

Revert back with the message number if its not starting with Y or Z.

Regards,

AKPT

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can follow the steps from the following document to find out where this error message is being triggered:

BR

Caetano

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you feel that this is not a standard message. Then how can you except that others can give you the path where to change this from warning to error.

Please consult with your ABAP team if the message is not standard.

Check table T100 with the message text. All standard messages are saved in table T100.

Else, please post the message text (or screen shot)..