cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway strategy 'Q' Dynamic quant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an issue with the internal movement of stock from a storage type that does not allow partial quantity picking.

Scenario: The Putaway strategy for the St type has been configured as 'Q' and picking strategy as 'F'. The available stock in the bin/quant is say 1000 Boxes. I have created a transfer order to pick only 600 boxes. when i confirm the transfer order system is confirming the full 1000 boxes rather than picking only partial qty. Full stock removal has not been activated for this St type in config.

We would like to know if this is something to do with the st type with Q config(like does Q allows picking of complete quant only?).

if anyone has faced this issue earlier would be great to get some hints.

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check overdeliveries setting in the movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

For our movement type over deliveries are allowed. Below is my observation:

1. when we transfer stock from bulk storage type system allowing us to confirm part pallet using mvt type say 9**.

2. when we transfer stock from dynamic quant number then system does not allow us to confirm part pallet but confirms full pallet only and this is using the same mvt type 9**.

we are using same movement type for transfer of stock from both these storage type onto a staging area which is a interim location but system is behaving differently for these two scenarios.

I am not sure if standard SAP has made dynamic quant storage type to allow withdrawal of full pallet only and needs help if someone has faced similar issue.

Best Regards,

Harish

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For bulk storage the setting to pick partial is controlled via

SPRO --LE -WM  ---Strategies ---Put away strategies -----Define Strategy for Bulk Storage

If you will look the definition of "Overdeliviries" it clealy says that if the indicator is set it will remove the full quant

Overdeliveries required

Using this indicator, you can force complete quant removals and overdeliveries even if the storage type from which the goods are being removed does not have the requirement to move all the stock from a bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish for the suggestions.

1. The storage type with bulk has 'Partial quantity' activated in the bulk putaway setup and hence allowing us to pick partial.

2. Other storage type that have 'Q' and 'C' as putaway indicator do not have any control at storage type level and hence the settings at the movement type level is taking precedence in this case. As we have setup overdeliveries allowed for the movement type systemis allowing only full confirmation.

We have changed the movement type level setting and it is working now for all storage types.

Thanks,

Harish

Answers (0)